Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shield season 1-7 £49.99!

Options
  • 21-10-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

hey, just saw this on hmv don't know if its been posted already couldn't find a thread..

the complete shield box set (season 1-7)only £49.99 on hmv website, i think its savage value myself..

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=4334;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=969119

pity i have season 1 -6 already or else I'd definitely buy it..
    oooh just noticed season 7's only 15 pounds now might purchase that myself now..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Superb price. But like yourself I already have 1-6. That's a good price for season 7. Ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Superb price. But like yourself I already have 1-6. That's a good price for season 7. Ordered.

yeah gonna order it myself tonight, haven't seen it yet missed it when it was on tv3 and felt 35-40 euro for one season was expensive, seen as i paid between 15-20 for the other seasons when they were on deals. so 15 is a good price now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Nooooooooooooooooo- I have basically been wanting season 7 for last couple of months watching all the websites then bit the bullet and bought it on Monday for £18 on e-bay and now see cheaper in HMV :o

HMV is out of stock though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

Gutted when I saw this, have 1-5 already and it cost me abouut 70-80euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Can anyone give an honest opinion on the The Shield and how good it is? Have watched all 5 series of The Wire and just cannot imagine anything coming near that but I hear the Shield is very good too. Have seasons 1-7 and deciding whether this or all The Sopranos will make up our winters viewing:D

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Can anyone give an honest opinion on the The Shield and how good it is? Have watched all 5 series of The Wire and just cannot imagine anything coming near that but I hear the Shield is very good too. Have seasons 1-7 and deciding whether this or all The Sopranos will make up our winters viewing:D

Thanks

It's different to The Wire. I found it took a lot longer to get in to and care about the characters, perhaps because there are more storylines. By the end of Season 1 though I was hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I am currently in the middle of season 2 of The Wire and am yet to be bowled over! On the other hand The Shield had me hooked from Season 1. So I would definitely recommend it, especially for that price!

I watched all 7 seasons of The Shield in just over 3 months! It has taken me over a month to watch a seaon and a half of The Wire! Please tell me it gets better?

Thanks

Watch both. The Shield and The Sopranos are both fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Watch both. The Shield and The Sopranos are both fantastic.

:D The mind can only handle one at a time. Think I might give the shield a start and see how it goes.

Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

:D The mind can only handle one at a time. Think I might give the shield a start and see how it goes.

Thanks all

i have watched 1-3 of the wire and up to season 6 of the shield.. they are both great shows and i'd find it hard to say which one is better.. the shield is more fast moving then the wire.. I love both shows..

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Went for this too....could be waiting a bit with the postal strike though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

The shield is much faster paced then the wire plus the episodes are shorter. Both are excellent, the wire is bit of a slow burner with a couple of storylines going through the whole series. The shield generally has a consistent storyline but will have generally have one seperate storyline that is solved per episode (if that makes sense). Both are excellent have way through Series 6 of the shield - wondering after this what next to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Thanks

The Shield is probably my favorite TV show of all time. The first 3 seasons set up the arcs for the last 4. They focus on the strike team working cases on the street, eventually leading up to a heist on an Armenian money laundering operation. From season 4-7, the consequences of this play out in sometimes truly brutal fashion. That's one thing I loved about the shield - when it got violent, you'd sometimes wonder how the hell they got away with putting those scenes in a tv programme.

Also, the final scene in Season 2 Episode 2 is one of the finest sequences you will ever see on TV. ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

DarkJager wrote: »
    The Shield is probably my favorite TV show of all time. The first 3 seasons set up the arcs for the last 4. They focus on the strike team working cases on the street, eventually leading up to a heist on an Armenian money laundering operation. From season 4-7, the consequences of this play out in sometimes truly brutal fashion. That's one thing I loved about the shield - when it got violent, you'd sometimes wonder how the hell they got away with putting those scenes in a tv programme.

Also, the final scene in Season 2 Episode 2 is one of the finest sequences you will ever see on TV. ;)

was shown on cable, its how we get great lines like

"Your wife's pussy tasted like sweet butter"

and
    "Ay, Mo. Your sister's ass really tastes as sweet as Alvarez here says it does? He wants to know what your momma's putting in the corn muffin. "

Advertisement