Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one living in Grove Island apartments? I have a few questions.

Options
  • 19-05-2015 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, so I am heading down the LSAD in September and Grove Island seems like the perfect place to stay. There was a few topics regarding Grove Island on here but they are outdated. I have a few questions however because their website is very vague and looks like it was made in the late 90's, and their email staff didn't help much with my queries.
    Basically all I want to know is:

-Whats the story with internet? (speeds, download limits, can you get other providers if the included internet isn't up to snuff.)

-What kind of T.V is included? (the website boasts 'color T.V included!' as if to say 'color' was an amazing new feature.)

-Whats the general atmosphere? (iv heard varying opinions: its mad loud all the time, its nice and quiet, friendly people, hostile ''fight ya for a bowl of cornflakes!'' sort of people etc)

Any other things that people living there would like to tell me would be appreciated, I know I am probably being too picky or whatever but it be nice to know these things now than find out that it includes a 12'' CRT T.V and 1 meg internet when I get there. Thanks!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I've stayed in an apartment block just down the road managed by the same company (M&C) and the internet was dire ****e. IMS provided it, it was slow, unreliable and most importantly slooooow. You could pay extra (a lot) to upgrade to slightly less slow. You could not get third party internet in the apartments. I'd check all this if having a good connection is important to you.

The TV was some shared satellite feed with lots of polish channels and the usual Irish.

Advertisement