Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting money from bank to paypal account

• 06-01-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Ok i need help i want to get money into my paypal account but have no idea how i went down to BOI and they said go to the post office they will do it they said they dont do it so i have no clue how to get money into my paypal account

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I'd say you'd have better luck here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ok i need help i want to get money into my paypal account but have no idea how i went down to BOI and they said go to the post office they will do it they said they dont do it so i have no clue how to get money into my paypal account

Get a Payzone MasterCard card that you top-up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055536230

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

eh, on the main Paypal site there is an "Add Funds" button. It's right beside Overview in the menu, it's free to add funds. Just logged into mine and says that it takes 3-5 business days for the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Jester, you're in Germany, where adding money is a bit easier than Ireland... lucky you!

In Ireland, click "My Account" -> "Top Up Account". Follow the instructions there... basically you'll have to go to your bank and transfer money to

Beneficiary Name
    PAYPAL PTE LTD
    Bank
    Bank of America N.A., Dublin
    Bank code (Sorting Code)
    Account Number
    and there'll be an individual Transfer ID for you to include. It'll take 2-3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

SlimJ wrote: »
    Jester, you're in Germany, where adding money is a bit easier than Ireland... lucky you!

In Ireland, click "My Account" -> "Top Up Account". Follow the instructions there... basically you'll have to go to your bank and transfer money to

Beneficiary Name
    PAYPAL PTE LTD
    Bank
    Bank code (Sorting Code)
    Account Number
    and there'll be an individual Transfer ID for you to include. It'll take 2-3 days.

Ah sorry, thought that adding funds in Paypal was a fairly standard service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

;) Nope, differs slightly by country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

I attempted to add funds to my paypal once, 20 and it vanished.. complained over the phone which was a bitc" but eventually for some strange reason got refunded 40, to this day i havent gone near it. Prepay cards are the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

SlimJ wrote: »

Beneficiary Name
    PAYPAL PTE LTD
    Bank
    Bank code (Sorting Code)
    Account Number
    Yeah tried to do this with my bank and they said they didnt do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

<snip>

Misunderstood post by OutlawPete, thought it was referring to the disastrous 3V cards Payzone operate.

OP if you can wait the few days until the money clears into your account then the direct funds transfer will prolly be your best bet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The bank cannot stop you from transferring your money from your account to another valid bank account.

• Advertisement

It's none of your bank's business.

Just set that account up as a third party account and transfer online.

I use the Payzone Mastercard as you can Top it Up in most Spars and Centras and it's instant.

Betfair take it too which is good ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We are one of the only countries in Europe that doesn't allow direct transfer from funds between your bank account and paypal account.

It's very frustrating.

3V cards are your best option.

jenga-jen wrote: »
    Misunderstood post by OutlawPete, thought it was referring to the disastrous 3V cards Payzone operate.

Don't worry, most of my posts are misunderstood :p

Those 3V Vochers were terrible though, it's true.

These Mastercards are very cool. One only ever have the ONE 'credit card' number so no need to keep adding a new number on PayPal or other sites.

You don't keep having small balances that you can't use etc.

You can also use them in all ATMs as you get a real plastic card.

I have used them in shops also.

Jaysus, I should work for them
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Don't worry, most of my posts are misunderstood :p

Those 3V Vochers were terrible though, it's true.

These Mastercards are very cool. One only ever have the ONE 'credit card' number so no need to keep adding a new number on PayPal or other sites.

You don't keep having small balances that you can't use etc.

You can also use them in all ATMs as you get a real plastic card.

I have used them in shops also.

Jaysus, I should work for them
    :D

It will cost you 13.83* euro for 350 with payzone as opposed to 5 euro with 3v.

(3.50 euro for top up and 2.95% of purchase).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

the easiest way to do this is by using online banking with BOI. If your not registered with them, ring 1890 365 365 and they'll register you. they send you out a pin and stuff which takes a few days, but only has to be done once.

once you are registered, follow these steps.

click topup my account
    take note of the details in the blue box to the right, including your transfer ID.

Then log into 365 online
    click on the account you want to send funds FROM
    click on payments on the left
    click money transfer
    click add a beneficiary
    click add account
    fill in the details, putting the Transfer ID from paypal in the "Reference" field.
    in the description field, put something like "paypal account" so you can easily recognise it for the future

the bank then have to send you out a code to activate the beneficiary.

once you are registered for 365 online and have added paypal, any time you want to add funds, you can just login, select your account, click payments and then money transfer, choose the paypal beneficiary that you just added (identifieable from the text you put in the description field when you set it up) and select the amount to transfer. this does take a number of working days to transfer, anything up to 5 I believe.

the other option, which OutlawPete sugested was the payzone mastercards. these are basically credit cards you have to top up. their is a charge for top ups however, have a look at the website for details. these are just added to paypal as a credit card and you do not have to wait for funds to be transfered. you can go to the shop, get the card and top it up, and go home, and use it straight away.

the best way to make full use of your money is by 365 online, but does take a bit longer than the payzone method, especially the initial setup. after the first one, you just have to wait for funds to clear, not for the bank to send you all sorts of codes. It all depends which is more valuable, time or money.

Happy shopping!

<edit> also missunderstood, those mastercards look good!

We are one of the only countries in Europe that doesn't allow direct transfer from funds between your bank account and paypal account.

that is complete rubbish.

maybe get your facts straight, then post, or risk being abused by a much nastier user ;)

alexlyons wrote: »
    that is complete rubbish.

maybe get your facts straight, then post, or risk being abused by a much nastier user ;)

How long have we been able to?

I tried a while back and my bank told me that they couldn't because of some silly law. If I now can do direct transfers then I'm very happy to be proved wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

You can link your paypal account directly to your bank account. It's what I do. Anytime I pay for something using paypal, it get auto-deducted from my bank account. And vice versa, when I receive money through paypal, I can quickly transfer it to my bank account.

It's been a long time since I set this up. so I can't remember how I did it, but it is possible.

How long have we been able to?

I tried a while back and my bank told me that they couldn't because of some silly law. If I now can do direct transfers then I'm very happy to be proved wrong.

Not to sure, i set mine up at least a year ago though. not trying to prove you wrong as such :)
    You can link your paypal account directly to your bank account. It's what I do. Anytime I pay for something using paypal, it get auto-deducted from my bank account. And vice versa, when I receive money through paypal, I can quickly transfer it to my bank account.

It's been a long time since I set this up. so I can't remember how I did it, but it is possible.

that sounds very cool, must look into it, if you remember how you did it let us know

That's what I was trying to do as I saw it as a feature on Paypal, but the bank wouldn't let me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Special PayPal thread. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement