Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knives and Forks Upright or downwards in Dishwasher!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Where's the 'I can't afford a dishwasher:(:(' option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

syklops wrote: »
    Easy knowing the recession isn't affecting you.

How much more does it cost to run a dish washer on economy mode,
    versus filling a basin with hot water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Down if you have kids. Always think safety people....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I think i just figured a good way to get away with murder........Up right knives and water everywhere......

I am doing the dish washing from now on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

DOWN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

T-Square wrote: »

But then you have to run hot water on each utensil to get the dirty water and suds off....

and Fairy does fúck all for my hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Up. Except really sharp knives that can puncture your wrist if you reach in for something. Those go lying down in the top drawer in the machine in my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

How much more does a dishwasher cost over a basin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Everyone has a dish washer, and the don't cost much, if any, more than a basin. So why not use it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Down, for safety
    Everyone has a dish washer, and the don't cost much, if any, more than a basin. So why not use it?

Somehow I don't think the price of a dishwasher is the same price as a basin...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

down, for safety!

Water is sprayed from underneath that's why you put the dirty side down for delph , cutlery and whathave you

If you fall in a kitchen you could easily slip on a wet floor brain yourself on the tiles no dishwasher needed.

And kitchens are the most dangerous place in the house , stairs are the most dangerous thing in the house and the safest place to be in despite all the stuff you've seen in movies is actually a lift.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Up! I don't want the tines on the fork to spear through the holes in the cutlery container.

Regarding knives - I think they look more orderly when placed up. If I'm stupid enough to cut my hand on them, then I deserve to lose my blood - same goes for anyone else. I don't have any kids in the apartment but if I did, it'd be a good way for them to learn a good educational lesson about safety first. Darwin ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,112 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Always up, for the adrenaline rush. Even better emptying the dishwasher when you're wearing a blindfold.*

* Not recommended for children, unless they're little sh1ts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

I put sharp knives lying down on the top shelf of the dishwasher and the cutlery facing down in the basket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I know of a girl who tripped and fell when the dishwasher door was open and a knife stick right into her eye. She now has a glass one, so down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement