Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitachi ex 60-5

Options
  • 04-10-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Looking at upgrading my 3 ton digger for something a bit bigger for my own work and I was looking at a hitachi ex 60-5 the seem to be the best of them according to people on here what would be your own views on this type of machine and are they easy to pipe a breaker into them aswell ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

135man wrote: »
    Looking at upgrading my 3 ton digger for something a bit bigger for my own work and I was looking at a hitachi ex 60-5 the seem to be the best of them according to people on here what would be your own views on this type of machine and are they easy to pipe a breaker into them aswell ?
    What's going to be your main uses?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭135man

What you mean Kay9

Reach , weight, power, ability to lift bigger weights etc. I've seen alot of ppl purchase the wrong machine, most but too big, whilst others go too small for what they need. Hence my curiosity as to what your primary uses are to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭135man

The work I'd be doing is draining and a small bit of land reclamation and cleaning up ditches they seem to be light on diesel that would be a big plus also

Yeah they be ideal for that. If you're doing drains and ditches etc make sure it has a long dipper. They ain't that hard on diesel. They need all the reach they have for drainage work tbh, especially when having to reach over fences. Take that on board before you buy. If you go 10/12 ton be prepared for a substantially bigger fuel bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

We have a sumitomo sh 60-2,great machine and very fast,highly recommend it

Advertisement