Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Aigle Wellies

Options
  • 04-10-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

These are two seasons old,going into there third,no major usage besides standing on the bank fishing or walking the dog in fields, as I normally wear Boots. Got soaked walking yesterday,got home checked them:eek:,anybody else come across this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

These are two seasons old,going into there third,no major usage besides standing on the bank fishing or walking the dog in fields, as I normally wear Boots. Got soaked walking yesterday,got home checked them:eek:,anybody else come across this

I would be disgusted - expect a lot more from a 'quality' make like these....and they are not cheap.

I'd contact Aigle ......see what they say..only fair to allow them comment & suggest what remedy they suggest.

A quality product should have some back up service for merchandise not suitable for what it was intended for...from the soles you can see that these were not worn to excess or abused.

If you get the brush-off tell them you're going to post these pictures and comments on every shooting / fishing / outdoor website forum that is available to you............contributors comments sway many people.

You may get no satisfaction but Aigle will quickly realise that anybody contemplating buying a quality wellington & considering makes such as Le Chamois, Aigle, Muck Boots etc. will definitely be swayed by these pictures.............I would not buy a pair of Aigle wellingtons after seeing these photos................looks as if the material is perishing and disintegrating. Definitely looks like inferior materials used, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

Had that happen to the first pair of them I ever bought. I had the neoprene set and if they got wet with sweat they would cling to your legs and I was using a boot jack to get them off. They're not really designed for that so after two or three years the sole came off just like that. Went through a couple of cheap pairs of wellies in the meantime but I was wasting my money so bought another pair of neoprene aigles except this time I bought a size bigger. I can slip them on and off pretty easily and had them over five years now with no issues. Great wellie boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

J.R. wrote: »
    I would be disgusted - expect a lot more from a 'quality' make like these....and they are not cheap.

I'd contact Aigle ......see what they say..only fair to allow them comment & suggest what remedy they suggest.

A quality product should have some back up service for merchandise not suitable for what it was intended for...from the soles you can see that these were not worn to excess or abused.

If you get the brush-off tell them you're going to post these pictures and comments on every shooting / fishing / outdoor website forum that is available to you............contributors comments sway many people.

You may get no satisfaction but Aigle will quickly realise that anybody contemplating buying a quality wellington & considering makes such as Le Chamois, Aigle, Muck Boots etc. will definitely be swayed by these pictures.............I would not buy a pair of Aigle wellingtons after seeing these photos................looks as if the material is perishing and disintegrating. Definitely looks like inferior materials used, in my opinion.
    Just emailed their customer service with pictures we will wait and see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

I'd something similar with aigle hiking boots, came apart at the soles, sent the aigle rep 5 photos, he got back saying aigle said the boots looked liked they'd had a lot of wear and tear, the boots were like band new, I offered to pay to ship them back to there quality control, I done this and they sent me a new pair of boots, now this went on for about 6 months,
    Got the new boots and they squlash when there wet, so now there purely dry weather boots or dog walking boots,
    😡😡😡

No response from aigle yet not even an acknowledgement of my e mail, mailed their customer service and then their sales:mad:

Well Two weeks gone by now and no reply from Aigle, either from their customer service,sales dept, or there company e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Well Two weeks gone by now and no reply from Aigle, either from their customer service,sales dept, or there company e-mail.

Any update on this? I have problems with Aigle boots leaking also.

Any update on this? I have problems with Aigle boots leaking also.

Google aigle customer care, and contact them that way, that's what I done. But to be honest they don't give a $hit about you,
    I'd to pester them for nearly 6 months and I one stage I offered to pay for shipping, be prepared for a long battle,
    They'll ask you to send them 5 photos and then they'll say that it's general wear n tear, my (stalking) boots were like brand new,
    Got a new pair of gtx boots from them, but there usless, it's like I'm walking with sponges stuffed into them, squelch squelch squelch

• Advertisement

ronn wrote: »
    Google aigle customer care, and contact them that way, that's what I done. But to be honest they don't give a $hit about you,
    I'd to pester them for nearly 6 months and I one stage I offered to pay for shipping, be prepared for a long battle,
    They'll ask you to send them 5 photos and then they'll say that it's general wear n tear, my (stalking) boots were like brand new,
    Got a new pair of gtx boots from them, but there usless, it's like I'm walking with sponges stuffed into them, squelch squelch squelch

they kept telling me that there was no photos attached to the e-mail they received,I must have sent it a dozen times. Have heard nothing since my last e-mail last week,they requested Batch number from boots, where bought,Shop they were purchased,and when bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

they kept telling me that there was no photos attached to the e-mail they received,I must have sent it a dozen times. Have heard nothing since my last e-mail last week,they requested Batch number from boots, where bought,Shop they were purchased,and when bought.

What did the retailer of the boots do for you? Your contract is with them really.

What did the retailer of the boots do for you? Your contract is with them really.

Closed

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ecr

Hunter are gone the same wouldn't know what to buy now to get a bit of lasting in wellingtons

ecr wrote: »
    Hunter are gone the same wouldn't know what to buy now to get a bit of lasting in wellingtons

Below is the e-mail I got today from aigle in France. Now these boots are just over two yrs old with little use, I believe inferior materials:mad:

Hi Liam,

Many thanks for providing the photos and the further information about the boots.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in reply, I have spoken to the quality control manager and regrettably as these boots are outside our two year warranty we would be unable to accept these back as a return.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards
    Emily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Below is the e-mail I got today from aigle in France. Now these boots are just over two yrs old with little use, I believe inferior materials:mad:

Hi Liam,

Many thanks for providing the photos and the further information about the boots.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in reply, I have spoken to the quality control manager and regrettably as these boots are outside our two year warranty we would be unable to accept these back as a return.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards
    Emily

Considering how long it took you to get a reply, its no wonder that they are out of warranty! Same happened my parcours a few years ago, they are not of the quality you would expect for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Le Chameau Vierzonord your only man entering there 5th year and not a bother on them

Hi Liam,

Kind Regards
    Emily

That's what I got and I wasn't having it, i said that Id pay for the boots to be shipped over and if the Quality control manger said that the boots were mistreated or abused after hed seen the condition of the boots then I'd be happy,
    Sent them over got a replacement in the post 2 weeks later. No apology or anything,
    I'd say it took about 6 months from start to finish,

Advertisement