Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll - Treatment of 97 yr old Erich Priebke

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭chainsaws

Unsure -
    And some of those Holocaust Survivors went on to Commit their own War Crimes :(

Do you mean defending themselves from Islamic nutjobs and Arab nationalists who want to destroy Israel - the only democracy in the Middle East - and launch a second Holocaust? Is that what you mean?:mad:
    You are probably only saying that because America is an ally of Israel.
    If America was not an ally of Israel, most Westerners wouldn't even know or care the same way most people don't know or care about the plight of Tamils in Sri Lanka or the brutal military regime in Myamar.
    Tamils? Myamar? Yeah you never heard of them did you?

Back to Priepke - he is an unrepentant Nazi murderer and a psychopath.
    Whether he is 27 or 37 or 97 makes not a jot of difference.

At the very least he should be locked up in solitary 24/7 with only artificial electric light in a tiny cell.

At the very most he should be left to die slow hangng from a hook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

No - he should not be permitted to leave his home
    chainsaws wrote: »
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . . .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Edit - not worth the bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Morlar wrote: »
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Edit - not worth the bother.

I know just what you mean Morlar, however, I feel compelled to at least try to 'enlighten' him...;)

Do you mean defending themselves from Islamic nutjobs and Arab nationalists who want to destroy Israel

Are they any more nuts than someone who indulges themselves in a 'warped biblical masturbatory fantasy', about being ‘chosen’ by an invisible man in the sky who’s in the real estate business ??
    ...the only democracy in the Middle East

Please, spare us.....
    .....and launch a second Holocaust? Is that what you mean?:mad:

Don’t you mean a Third Holocaust ? Because it would be, if you count This one in 1919, highlighted in a Publication called 'The American Hebrew' by Martin H Glynn, former Governor of NY State (Yeah you never heard of him did you?), 14 years before Hitler came to power.
    You are probably only saying that because America is an ally of Israel. If America was not an ally of Israel, most Westerners wouldn't even know or care

Probably, because it wouldn’t be an issue. The countries concerned would see to it, that UN resolutions are enforced, and would sanction Israel for non-compliance if they weren’t, without having to worry about the good old US Veto throwing a spanner in the works.

ie: they would be treated just like any other country in the world would be, under the circumstances, and that's the way it should be.
    .....the same way most people don't know or care about the plight of Tamils in Sri Lanka or the brutal military regime in Myamar.

Who doesn’t care ? I’ve heard my share about Tamils & Myamar.
    Israel is the only place I’ve heard excuses.
    ...who is rightfully serving a sentence for his crimes handed down by an Italian court........ and ???

At the very least he should be locked up in solitary 24/7 with only artificial electric light in a tiny cell.

You really really don’t get this do you ??

The man is serving his sentence passed down by the courts. This sentence was passed down on the basis of his crimes, and on the basis, I imagine, of internationally accepted standards/agreements set/made as a result of The Nuremberg Trials. A PRECEDENT HAS THEREFORE BEEN SET.

In short, without future adherence, by everyone, to the Precedent set down, a trial like Priebke’s is not worth a crap. The reason for this precedent being set, is to ensure that anyone in the future who has ideas about committing, what constitutes a ‘War Crime’, is fully aware that the ‘World Court’ will punish them for it if they go ahead and do it anyway.

For the record, I believe, for the sake of Humanity, that’s a Good Thing, and that there should be no ‘special exceptions’ today, for anyone who thinks they can ignore these rules, not even Jews. Sorry.

Being the Victim of a crime in the past does not make you in any way morally superior to anyone else.

Get over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Do you mean defending themselves
    I must use that in court next time I jump over my neighbors fence and kick the Snot out of his family and steal his valuables, I was DEFENDING Myself :rolleyes:
    from Islamic nutjobs and Arab nationalists who want to destroy Israel
    So Its perfectly fine to be a Hebrew nutjob?????
    - the only democracy in the Middle East -
    Ahem, I sugest you read up on what a DEMOCRACY is, Israel is an Apartheid State, therefore not Democratic
    and launch a second Holocaust? Is that what you mean?:mad:
    OH FFS, Get over yourself.
    You are probably only saying that because America is an ally of Israel.
    NO, I'm saying it because I think Israel is an Evil rogue state with an atrocious Human rights record that hides behind America and plays the 'Poor Me' card whenever anyone questions them on their Genocidal policies and illegal land grabs
    If America was not an ally of Israel, most Westerners wouldn't even know or care the same way most people don't know or care about the plight of Tamils in Sri Lanka or the brutal military regime in Myamar.
    Again, NO, Some of us do care, we care deeply when we see people Basic rights being denied, what Irks us about Israel is hat they try to claim that they are a fair and free Democratic Society, We can se through their Bullsh!t, Burma never made such claims.
    I have some very good friends who are Burmese Refugees, and I know a lot of Sri Lankans who have moved here inthe last few years.
    Tell ya what I'll support your condemnation of Priepke if you Support the Efforts to have Ariel Sharon tried for the Shabra & Chatilla Massacres, or Tzippi Livnit Tried for her part in 'Operation Cast Lead'

Sound fair to you

There are MANY in Israel that deserve the same fate, why should you get to pick and chose who is subecte to your twisted notion of 'Justice'??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

To the other mods, see my post in the mod discussion forum on this thread.

To the rest of you, carry on, I'm getting my popcorn. I've not noticed the thread until now, but it does run the risk of crossing afoul some lines as it's historically a subject which crosses them eventually. Please review the forum rules before it does so.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

point taken mm, i've said my piece , don't want to offend anyone with an open mind ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

The man is a mass murdering monster.:mad:
    1. Mass murder (in military contexts, sometimes interchangeable with mass destruction) is the act of murdering a large number of people (four or more), typically at the same time or over a relatively short period of time.

2. is bombing of civilians not murder also? or other retaliation actions carried out by all sides. he killed 2 people, id say theres a good few RAF and luftwaffe pilots with a higher "kill count", also if you want to get really pathetic, is not all killings in a war murder? why arent the people who bombed hiroshima and nagisaki up for trial?

war is messy and rules dont generally apply when your sent out to kill your enemy and capture your objective.

I dont agree with reprisals*, but they happened at the time and for thousands of years before where towns where razed to the ground.

waits for backlash :pac:
    **or nazi ideology, holocaust etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

The man is a mass murdering monster.:mad:

then throw the pilot of enola gay into prison. more were killed during the atom bombing than Priebke.

the allies also undertook reprisals when the werewolves shot at them.

The man - if you can a monster like Priepke a man - is lucky to live in a society which does not still hang draw and quarter murdering scum like him.

During the Second World War when the 45th Division liberated more than 30,000 prisoners at Dachau. They were so shocked and outraged at their horrendous treatment that they gunned down the SS camp guards or handed them over the able-bodied prisoners who killed them.

That was justice. Justice and revenge are one and the same.

If I got my hands on that Nazi puke, he would die screaming in agony.

two wrongs do not make a right. the americans would have us believe that they were morally superior to the nazis, yet such actions were savage. gunning down and eating to death those guards after they had surrendered was murder.

[

NTM[/QUOTE]

???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

My initials.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Fuinseog wrote: »
    then throw the pilot of enola gay into prison. more were killed during the atom bombing than Priebke.

the allies also undertook reprisals when the werewolves shot at them.

Whilst I an unsure about what should be done with Priebke and people in this situation I do feel they should pay for their crimes in some way.
    I would draw a distinction between the pilot of the enola gay and an SS man involved in rounding up/ killing ethnic groups. That is which is the role of the aggressor in terms of the war, the USA entered the war following an attack on them. Before this their citizens had not been in favour of war. Germany and most of her citizens (not all) were willing to support the role their country played in attacking others.

Advertisement