Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Too handsome' for the religious police

• 27-04-2013 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Three Dubai men were allegedly expelled from Saudi Arabia for being too handsome - they might make women fall for them... :pac:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/25/omar-borkan-al-gala-dubai-saudi-arabia-too-handsome-pictures_n_3152761.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-news

Now looking at these pictures of one of the men I can totally understand this rather strange view of the religious Saudi police - I would so fall, really fall head over heels... :D

Well, not really, he might be an airhead after all. But a girl can look...

Which got me thinking: Even if there would be still an active religious police in Ireland would they treat handsome men the same as they treated pretty girls (Magdalene and such)?

Or on the other hand, are there such handsome men in Ireland at all who might fall into the category as "too handsome" to live in Ireland? :D

If there is one, please pm me ;)

P.S. The kajal (eyeliner for ignorants) around his eyes is a cultural thing, not necessarily vanity. Surrounding your eyes with kajal means in the eastern culture to ward off evil. It's not restricted to women, men do it as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

To be fair, he is really, really ridiculously good looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I would.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭1hottmofo

My twin.im just a bit paler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I hope when the Culture War comes, men wearing eyeliner is strictly enforced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I hope when the Culture War comes, men wearing eyeliner is strictly enforced.

Having lived through the 80s I assume you mean the wearing of eye-liner will be strictly enforced...

♪ ♫ Prince Charming! Prince Charming! Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.. ♫

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Lot's of those ' good looking pretty boys ' are all fur coat and no knickers ,he's probably useless in the sack to .:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Carry wrote: »

If there is one, please pm me ;)

Your PM Inbox won't know what hit it! :D

P.S. The kajal (eyeliner for ignorants) around his eyes is a cultural thing, not necessarily vanity. Surrounding your eyes with kajal means in the eastern culture to ward off evil. It's not restricted to women, men do it as well.

In the western culture, we just call that "guyliner" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Czarcasm wrote: »

In the western culture, we just call that "guyliner" :D

And its used to ward off women

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

Which one is the really good looking one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Shure what girl wouldn't want to be one of his wives?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

He'd only be average looking over here, compared to us Irish men. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

How can I break this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

MadsL wrote: »
    Having lived through the 80s I assume you mean the wearing of eye-liner will be strictly enforced...

Most of my verbs went in the savage austerity cuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Male self-overestimating 101? :D

Have a look here:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

Just the excuse we need, lets invade Saudi Arabia instead of Syria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Fred Cohen wrote: »
    Just the excuse we need, lets invade Saudi Arabia instead of Syria.

Takin' der jebs and der... uh... men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

no guy can be that good looking and be straight

I smell a conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

Takin' der jebs and der... uh... men.

Nah, they've more oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Hold on a sec.

If the police thought he was too handsome and asked him to jump on the next plane out of here, who decided that? I presume its mostly a male dominated police force. Homosexuality is probably outlawed in their country and any leaning towards it would be frowned upon.
    The cops need to be arrested and have their dirty mickies cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

My mother was in Saudi arabia for 3 months and if west inappropriate clothes (women only) they whip you on the ankles on the street. She seen two Canadians walking around in tank tops and short shorts and the religious police whipped them 30 times each. Theyre hatred because they all prisoners who learned the Koran to get out of prispn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Rabies wrote: »
    Hold on a sec.

If the police thought he was too handsome and asked him to jump on the next plane out of here, who decided that? I presume its mostly a male dominated police force. Homosexuality is probably outlawed in their country and any leaning towards it would be frowned upon.
    The cops need to be arrested and have their dirty mickies cut off.

To be quite fair, I'm 100% hetrosexual and even I can see that the guy is dreamy.

meh, Id only give one camel for him...

Jake1 wrote: »
    meh, Id only give one camel for him...

One hump or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Shure what girl wouldn't want to be one of his wives?
    us asexual girls and girls who prefer men with less narcisism.:pac:

Grayson wrote: »
    One hump or two?

One , if its a decent hump, otherwise, Id need the two.. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

"I'm so gorgeous, they have to put me under arrest."
    - Pattani al-Mustardi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

The exact same thing happened to me! Only it was groping in the Ukraine and I got arrested instead of being handsome in Dubai and being let go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

In a twisted way, I can vaguely see the Saudi police's point here.

I mean if you really don't want your women squirting at the gash during Friday prayers, you gotta get rid.

I would say some of the photos look a little airbrushed, but the guy is clearly extremely goodlooking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah, gotta give him a sploosh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

Pretty muted and light hearted reaction to his expulsion , I bet it wouldn't be so if this happened to a female.

So that's how I'd look with a tan..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'd let him bang my girlfriend just so i could say i'm banging someone who he banged.That's how hot he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

My god! Comments here are so sexist!

Treating him like an object!

Indicative of the matriarcial misandry prevalent in our culture!

How would some posters feel if it was their brother/ son/ boyfriend/ long lost grandfather

What about him as a person....,,

(OK, technically I don't give a toss about the above, just wanted to see if it actually felt liberating when certain regular posters vented in this way on similar threads about women :)

(it didn't though :( ))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

It would be such a great story to be able to tell...imgaine he relocates somewhere and people are asking him why he moved......'well.....funny story that.........'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sure that's nothing, my good looks have been deemed a weapon of mass destruction in 3 middle east countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

KTRIC wrote: »
    Sure that's nothing, my good looks have been deemed a weapon of mass destruction in 3 middle east countries.

You da bomb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

You da bomb.

So hot he's nuclear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

He's handsome alright but he's no Pat Rabbitte.

The mere thought alone of getting just 20 minutes of fatty fatty boom boom time with Mr. Pat is enough to keep me in orgasms for a few lifetimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Arabian Business, which has also fingered Al Gala as being one of the trio,
    Snigger.

He reminds me of Billy Zane, back when he had hair.

He is ridiculously good looking, but in a pretty boy knid of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I will offer him refuge in my bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Us Irish men are far better looking- no wonder there's so many of us leaving the country :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

He has nice eyes that's it...sooo air brushed and sooooo big headed to have so many pics posed for I mean who does that unless you think you are soooo good looking you need to ...so my verdict ....not worth it ...give me bit o muck any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Am I the only one who thinks he isn't that great :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I think he's very good-looking in the same way as I'd think a woman was very good-looking. Admiration but no stirring of loins for me.
    godwin wrote: »
    Pretty muted and light hearted reaction to his expulsion , I bet it wouldn't be so if this happened to a female.
    Seriously? I've read some cracking whataboutery on this forum - think this tops it.
    Don't you worry - the system of women as second-class citizens in Saudi Arabia probably makes up for it.
    tritium wrote: »
    My god! Comments here are so sexist!

Treating him like an object!

Indicative of the matriarcial misandry prevalent in our culture!

How would some posters feel if it was their brother/ son/ boyfriend/ long lost grandfather

What about him as a person....,,

(OK, technically I don't give a toss about the above, just wanted to see if it actually felt liberating when certain regular posters vented in this way on similar threads about women :)

(it didn't though :( ))
    I have never seen the bolded stuff as a result of guys simply saying a woman is beautiful/sexy here. :confused:
    Think you might be getting confused with when there are discussions like naked pictures of women being posted to the net without their consent, the darker side of prostitution, etc. Biiiiiiiiit of a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Surprised EdenHazard Hasn't Been In To Say He Looks Like Him

He has nice eyes that's it...sooo air brushed and sooooo big headed to have so many pics posed for I mean who does that unless you think you are soooo good looking you need to ...so my verdict ....not worth it ...give me bit o muck any day.

He is an actor which would explain the number of photo's. I hear that part of that job involves standing in front of a camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Surprised EdenHazard Hasn't Been In To Say He Looks Like Him
    He looks like Justin Bieber with a Zac Efron haircut apparently.

He's just too ridiculously good looking to post in AHs anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

Now Zac Efron I would, only now though not in younger eewww, now bit more rugged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Very good looking lad in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

But...what would they do if he hadn't been foreign and they couldn't just kick him out? Cut his nose off?

• Advertisement
Advertisement