Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room Wanted

• 22-04-2013 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

This should be interesting..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This should be interesting..

Quits, I'll ask MOD to delete my thread

Not sure I want to watch this programme, it could enlighten me or sicken metongue.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

vicwatson wrote: »
    Quits, I'll ask MOD to delete my thread
    Not sure I want to watch this programme, it could enlighten me or sicken me

Well I was hoping that some of my "shaking fist at the TV" friends (last seen listening to Paddy O'Gorman's radio pieces) might join me for a rant..

She's 34 !!! Surely I misheard?

People in Carlow - €150.00 a week for accommodation that DSW pays €83.00 towards every week, couldn't they find something cheaper in Carlow?

Well I was hoping that some of my "shaking fist at the TV" friends (last seen listening to Paddy O'Gorman's radio pieces) might join me for a rant..

She's 34 !!! Surely I misheard?

Stone maybe?:pac: Ah no stop that now.

This thread will only kick off once there are "foreign" people in rented accommodation !

EDIT - woops there we go

They came back from Spain to live on the dole here !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Feel fair sorry for a few of them, especially the poor girl in Dunmanway.

Oh oh, whiney Landlord alert

"These often become the focus of local drinking parties"..

It's a bit irresponsible of the local councillor to be organising parties in abandoned houses surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 polikmu

Half of them don't deserve a house...if they can't get a job or look after the place they currently live in, whats the new place they get going to look like in 5/10 years...
    There is no get up and go about half of them, only complain and want want want...

I dont see what this wan is giving out about... You'd swear it was Angela's Ashes the way she's going on.. It's a bit uncomfortable for sure, but just get on with it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,420 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This should be shown to girls planning on getting up the duff for a gaff, times ain't what they used to be :D

Yer man with the earring really likes the tracksuits.

M

Better not be made for TV where they get the gaff at the end purely because they were on TV, it's not X Factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

They came back from Spain to live on the dole here !!

To Paraphrase her - Hopefully we won't be on it forever, but if we need to, we wont be stuck.

Edit - Every house in that place has a satellite dish on the wall! they can't be that hard off.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

You think he would have put on a pair of pants going in to ask for a house... ffs..

M

Property tax will be payed by the council and not the tennant, why is he even mentioning it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

You think he would have put on a pair of pants going in to ask for a house... ffs..

I was thinking the same.

Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt though, it just might be his best tracksuit, y'know, the one he wears to mass...

telekon wrote: »
    Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt though, it just might be his best tracksuit, y'know, the one he wears to mass...

And just think, he now has 90 euros a year now to pay on property tax.. You wont see him upstairs in Champion Sports for a while.. :)

Edit - Every house in that place has a satellite dish on the wall! they can't be that hard off.

That's the Sky Traveller package.. for people on the move.. or stationary people who travel..

Jebus they are serious glasses

• Advertisement

I wouldn't fancy living in those be sits, it that was the cleanest one the landlord could find I wouldn't be too keen on seeing the others.

Feel sorry for the wan with the bad eyesight in fairness, she seems like a genuine case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Feel sorry for the wan with the bad eyesight in fairness, she seems like a genuine case.

Ah bless, you can't help but smile at her reaction. :)

She seems to have gotten someplace in the end so was happy for that.

Agreed, it was nice to see her getting somewhere she was happy with and that will hopefully help her out, helping people like her is what the system should be set up for.

Agreed, it was nice to see her getting somewhere she was happy with and that will hopefully help her out, helping people like her is what the system should be set up for.

Entirely agree, and not the damn freeloaders:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Yeah felt sorry for the girl from cork and the couple with the spanish husband and two kids seemed genuine enough.

The others... people need to work harder to improve their own circumstances, I don't know where the sense of entitlement comes from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Glad to see the partially sighted woman getting sorted out in the end. She seemed over the moon when she got her new apartment. Best of luck to her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just watched it there now.

Despite having read all the spoilers.
    telekon wrote: »
    Ah bless, you can't help but smile at her reaction. :)
    omahaid wrote: »
    She seems to have gotten someplace in the end so was happy for that.
    Glad to see the partially sighted woman getting sorted out in the end. She seemed over the moon when she got her new apartment. Best of luck to her.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I watch these types of programs with a feeling of pity and anger

Advertisement