Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome and Deadwood re-runs on TCM.

Options
  • 16-04-2011 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

This upcoming Friday, TCM will be showing re-runs of the HBO dramas Rome and Deadwood, starting at 9pm. I've heard great things about both shows so should be worth the watch.

http://tcmuk.tv/rome

While we are on the topic of HBO re-runs, FX will be showing True Blood from Season 1 starting this Monday at 11pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't seen either.. so put 'em on Sky+ and series link.

Ta Dman!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Rome is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

Rome is amazing, up there with the wire and sopranos IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

oh wonderful looking forword to seeing DEADWOOD again as the last time they played it was on sky 1 and they skipped episodes changed around schedules etc

hopefully should be treated better on TCM

looking forward to it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Rome is 1 of the best TV programs ever made, have it on box set.

Strange coincidence that this thread open, my sister called to visit me today with my nephews (13 and 10), my nephew is doing Classical Studies in school and noticed I had the Rome box set so asked could he borrow it, I was very very tempted to let him bring it home ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Clareman wrote: »

Strange coincidence that this thread open, my sister called to visit me today with my nephews (13 and 10), my nephew is doing Classical Studies in school and noticed I had the Rome box set so asked could he borrow it, I was very very tempted to let him bring it home ;)

I'd say his Mother would be delighted with you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Clareman wrote: »

Bah, I wouldn't give him the Rome boxset................the Spartacus boxset is much more suitable for his age. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Deadwood is absolutely brilliant, Ian McShane was born to play his role. It is full of colourful language and great performances by a very strong cast. Just a pity a 4th season was never made.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

watch Deadwood ya bunch of fooking hoople heads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Rome was excellent and deadwood was actually good if you could stick with it through the Shakespearian style speak.
    Just a pity Deadwood ended the way it did - at least Rome and closing story-lines.
    (I've both entire series on dvd.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Fantastic. Haven't seen any Rome yet but have been meaning to. This is perfect timing for me. I'll be watching this with great interest.

For anyone who hasn't seen Deadwood yet you just gotta watch it. One of the best shows ever. It's got some pretty complex language in it as well but is such a rewarding show.

Cheers for the heads up OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I watched all of Rome last Summer, absolute cracker of a show!...twas great seeing one ep. after the other, i did batches of four so not to lose the details.

I haven't seen Deadwood, but i might check that one out in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Deadwood, in my opinion, is the greatest TV drama of all time. I actually wish I'd never watched it, just so i could go back and do it again from scratch.

Rome is good too, but not in the same league as Deadwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

rednik wrote: »
    Deadwood is absolutely brilliant, Ian McShane was born to play his role. It is full of colourful language and great performances by a very strong cast. Just a pity a 4th season was never made.

Season 4 was going to be the last series! It's a real pity it didn't happen. It would have revolved around a fire starting in Al Swearengens and speading to burn most of Deadwood down. And Seth Bullock building a bricked walled hotel. So it would have covered the death of Deadwood and it's rebirth!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Season 4 was going to be the last series! It's a real pity it didn't happen. It would have revolved around a fire starting in Al Swearengens and speading to burn most of Deadwood down. And Seth Bullock building a bricked walled hotel. So it would have covered the death of Deadwood and it's rebirth!

David Milch considered finishing the tale by making a telemovie. They should have allowed the story to finish as Milch wanted and as the series deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

rednik wrote: »
    David Milch considered finishing the tale by making a telemovie. They should have allowed the story to finish as Milch wanted and as the series deserved.

I believe two TV movies were in the works to tie up loose ends. Will never now take place according to Ian McShane.:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think the opposite lol. I don't like dramas, or period pieces for that matter, but the quality in every aspect of ROME is top notch. The story, the characters, the progressions, arcs, themes, production values....just everying is amazing. I can't speak highly enough about it.

Deadwood I found to be rather boring. I watched the first season and wasn't particularly gripped or interested to see it through. Just not enough people I engaged with.

Advertisement