Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transatlantic Flight

• 05-01-2007 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to JFK on Sunday on the 4pm Aer Lingus flight. Two questions for those of you in the know.

1. Will I be bale to pass US customs in Dublin or will it be closed.

2. Are there PTVs on this flight?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

you will pass immigration in dublin assuming there is no shannon stopover, there will be a customers check (blur form) at JFK

no idea what a ptv is, if its a personal tv then not in economy class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

One of the Aer Lingus A330's has the individual tv's in the head rests.
    That plane is usually on the Chicago/LA run though.
    The others just have the drop down tv's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Thanks Gents. It is a direct service (chosen to avoid the ridiculous Shannon stopover) and from the seat map it looks like an A330-200. I live in hope as it is a long flight without a TV and the dropdowns are impossible to see. I am flying back on Continental but I think they have the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭steve-o

AFAIK, passengers on the late flight do not clear immigration in Dublin (the US border staff don't hang around all afternoon for that one flight).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't think you'll pre-clear immigration on that flight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

I flew DUB - JFK and then BMI - DUB a couple of years back and there were only individual screens on the return leg.

Advertisement