Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College help!

Options
  • 28-01-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello, im 22 and currently doing a fas course in software develpoment. I want to go back to college but dont know where to start or if im entitled to BTEA?
    Ive already went to 2 years of college and dropped out. So i cant get a grant?
    Any help would be great thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Not really Appropriate here but...... In a slightly different situation.
    I found my Social Welfare Case Officer (You do have one you just have to ask for an appoinment) to be the best help ever. You need to get your skates on and know what you want and where you want it. I though Social welfare case officers were about chasing you off the Dole. Mine was like "I can see you dont want to be here in two years time, ... this is how I can help..... Have you applied to eCollege.ie(I'll set it up)? .... have you seen the Adult Education officer at your local college (here is his number)?". Dont just look at the college course make sure your college gives you plently of support sturctures (maths grinds programming grinds during lunch time).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Student Finances forum

dudara

Advertisement