Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rubber floor matting

• 26-01-2015 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could buy rubber floor matting in Dublin?

I am looking for something like this:

www .floormats.co.uk/circular-studded-rubber-matting

(sorry had to add a space after the www as it wouldnt let me post a link or a pic)

I have tried Woodies, Argos, B&Q.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Advanced Search Google industrial matting with .ie in the site domain
    eg http://www.nisbets.ie/circular-pattern-rubber-matting-(roll)/ECC965/ProductDetail.raction

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Wow, great find. I don't want a whole roll tho, just a metre or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

http://www.cylex.ie/company/provincial+floorcoverings+ltd-11024638.html

give the above a ring I got something similar in limerick from them by the metre a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Thanks all, I had found it on ebay alright but its too large for Parcel Motel lockers and most of them are too expensive to ship to Ireland - although I may revisit that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭tenbob1

Look up local flooring contractors. I know we tend to have tons of cut-offs of that stuff after we do any decent sized job.

Unfortunately I have none at the moment.

Thanks tenbob1.

I thought Id let ye know what I want it for then maybe people might have other ideas.

I live in a small enough apartment. I have an own front door hallway that I did not tile when I moved in, I put laminate flooring down. I want to get it tiled at some stage but dont have the money right now.

We keep a bicycle in the hallway and at this time of year particularly, there is water, oil, mud, dirt etc coming off it onto the floor. At this stage the laminate is getting damaged from it as its never getting a chance to dry out - besides it looking awful - I wash it down regularly but by the next evening there can be bike dirt there again.

Anyway, until Ive the money to get the area tiled I was thinking I could put down a large rubber mat to take the dirt, then I could just lift it out and wipe it down outside from time to time and itd stop the damage to the laminate.

I dont have any options for a garden or shed etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭cletus

How about something like this

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3970346

Argos I used to do these, and I would imagine any sports store selling home gym equipment would carry them. They are designed to protect your floor under heavy gym equipment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

just put down a couple of rubber backed door mats (aka barrier mats) or a carpet runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭wait4me

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    How about something like this

Argos I used to do these, and I would imagine any sports store selling home gym equipment would carry them. They are designed to protect your floor under heavy gym equipment

Thanks, I had a look at these but theyre too "thick", I need to be able to open the front door inwards over whatever I use, but thanks for the idea. Theres actually something that might do it on that site though:

www .dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13188848&clickid=prod_cs&recid=Product_PageElement_product_rr_3_966
    slimjimmc wrote: »
    just put down a couple of rubber backed door mats (aka or .

I looked at these but we used to use these in a supermarket I worked in and if they get wet continuously they get smelly. I really wanted something I could wash down easily.
    wait4me wrote: »
    How about this as a very cheap but effective solution: ? Ten euro a set!!

This is looking interesting, cheap, easy to clean, and theres a Halfords near where I live, Ill check this out at the weekend!

Thanks so much for all the ideas, much appreciated.

(sorry had to remove the links from the quotes, the site wouldnt let me post with them in)

Advertisement