Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy obligations...

Options
  • 13-01-2015 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Does anyone know if lecturers are obliged to give you project or essay results confidentially like on blackboard or physically returning the paper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

You degree results as far as I'm aware must be published in a public fashion so they hold up to public scrutiny and such that someone can query the legitimacy of a stated result.

Whether results withing subjects need to be I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Might just be policy in the school of medicine, but any results I've ever gotten (for exams or assingments) have been publicly listed (almost always by being physically placed on a noticeboard somewhere, rarely by email) but anonymised by student number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Might just be policy in the school of medicine, but any results I've ever gotten (for exams or assingments) have been publicly listed (almost always by being physically placed on a noticeboard somewhere, rarely by email) but anonymised by student number.

Same in the Science subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Considering that when you graduate, you're seated in order of your grade; I imagine they don't go to great lengths to keep results secret

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Most project/essay results I've ever been given (BESS) were provided in a list alongside everyone's student number. Usually emailed around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement