Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiators Downstairs not heating up

Options
  • 14-11-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,
    We just had a new boiler installed in the house, following the installation the radiators upstairs heat up as usual but the downstairs radiators don't after about while they will get lukewarm.

I have bled the radiators.
    I have tried turning off all the radiators and balancing them by turning upstairs off and opening them a 1/4 turn, but to know avail.

Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Try changing the water pump speed. There will be a three speed switch on the side. don't change it while the pump is running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Also check that the balancing valve on the cylinder is not fully open. Did they powerflush the system before installing the new boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thedevils

Hi,
    Thanks a million for your reply, I was working when the Plumbers arrived and to be honest there is probably no point in asking the children who where there if they did a power flush.

In regards to the pump Ill will have to check this later on this evening.

Thanks again.

Advertisement