Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 niallweb1

bawn79 wrote: »
    I wondered about that, I figured with a reasonable rent it would have to be viable (I used get diesal there myself as it took the DCI card). Good to see it reopening.

I think the real problem with this Filling Station is/was its proximity to the Centra shop across from Romanos. This looks to me to be doing a great trade as a convenience store (even with Aldi less than a km away). Probably the only one opening late in Nenagh (besides Tesco I guess).

Drove past it today and it seems to be closed down again

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

niallweb1 wrote: »
    Drove past it today and it seems to be closed down again

Where are you talking about?

anheneti wrote: »
    Where are you talking about?

Gala Gortlandroe, seemingly up for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

niallweb1 wrote: »
    Gala Gortlandroe, seemingly up for sale

No one seems to have any luck with that place

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

anheneti wrote: »
    No one seems to have any luck with that place

Shop was actually going well, but the banks are selling and the guy that was in it can't get a quarantee lease. They seem to think it's easier to sell with shop empty as apose to someone in there paying rent:rolleyes:. Too complicated to get a sale either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

6th Annual Pink Party this Sunday 17th August in the Talbot.

In aid of Mid Western Cancer Foundation at the Oncology Unit in Limerick Regional hospital and the Marie Keating Foundation.

Shop was actually going well, but the banks are selling and the guy that was in it can't get a quarantee lease. They seem to think it's easier to sell with shop empty as apose to someone in there paying rent:rolleyes:. Too complicated to get a sale either.

They wont sell it for 450,000 with the family living next door

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

anyone know of a good TV aerial installer around the Nenagh area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

my father has used this fella and found him good; http://www.localbusinesspages.ie/263454/Brophy,+Michael.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Red Hare wrote: »
    my father has used this fella and found him good; http://www.localbusinesspages.ie/263454/Brophy,+Michael.aspx

Yes. I know Mick personally. He's a gent and knows his stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Wheres the best place to get Tipp bunting, flags etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Wheres the best place to get Tipp bunting, flags etc?

Joe Starr's on Mitchel St is your only man!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 29Chicky

His name is Pat Mcgrath and i'd say he is around 33 years of age now. As far as i remember his family were farmers. I'd imagine he done alot of traveling since as he came across as that type of guy. i'm 90% sure he started an apprenticeship as an electrician, if that helps.

This is a long shot, but i'm looking for an old friend from Nenagh.

hi can't seem to pm you but I know a pat mc grath just asked him and its not him but he has a cousin also called pat ,mid thirties, electicial engineer,
    if you pm your name and number ill give it to "my pat" and he will pass it on .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

Anyone know if the swimming pool has reopened or if its supposed to soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Anyone know if the swimming pool has reopened or if its supposed to soon
    Not open yet. Will be a few more weeks though that's what has been said for the last while. Deadlines never been kept throughout the entire project

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Not open yet. Will be a few more weeks though that's what has been said for the last while. Deadlines never been kept throughout the entire project

I don't see it being far away. The Nenagh Guardian last week said it would be ready in the next 2 weeks (I think, I haven't it to hand) and I drove past today and they seem to be at the car-park and ground works so I'm making a prediction of Monday 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Hi, just wondering if any of you could help me. I live in Nenagh and work Monday-Friday until 5.30 but I'd love to take up a hobby or activity in the evenings or at the weekends. I would be interested in doing some volunteering with youths or something, I'm interested in playing soccer too (I'm a woman!). My other interests include reading, movies and walking - I'd appreciate any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Hi ourtrail

Nenagh Ormond Ladies RFC (rugby) are always looking for new recruits! Don't knock it til you've tried it :)

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nenaghormondrfc/l/team-83217.html

I don't see it being far away. The Nenagh Guardian last week said it would be ready in the next 2 weeks (I think, I haven't it to hand) and I drove past today and they seem to be at the car-park and ground works so I'm making a prediction of Monday 2 weeks.

The park opened today - looks really great. Seemingly there is a problem with the swimming-pool unfortunately and it could be a few weeks yet.
    There is a rip-wire, a big slide, skate-park, confined playground for smaller kids (similar to the one in dromineer), a timber train (static), a pond, lots of big rocks and logs for climbing up on and some exercise type machines for doing pushups and stuff.

Only small issue I had is that with the pond and the river running alongside it you would will have to be careful with smaller kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

The park opened today - looks really great. Seemingly there is a problem with the swimming-pool unfortunately and it could be a few weeks yet.
    There is a rip-wire, a big slide, skate-park, confined playground for smaller kids (similar to the one in dromineer), a timber train (static), a pond, lots of big rocks and logs for climbing up on and some exercise type machines for doing pushups and stuff.

Only small issue I had is that with the pond and the river running alongside it you would will have to be careful with smaller kids.

It's marvellous, the town badly needed it. I hear there will be security patrolling during the nights too so it's unlikely to end up like 'the trax' beside it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Anyone notice a drop in speed from efibre the last few days? was previously getting 65mb + when i would do a speedtest, but getting between 15-25 today when I test.

I am living in Summerhill, literally a stones throw from the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rere

Hi, I'm not sure of this is the right thread for this, but there's a north Tipp meetup page that's been started here: http://www.meetup.com/North-Tipperary-fun-and-friendly-meetup-group/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

http://193.178.30.218/tipperaryeplan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=14600249&LASiteID=0

LIDL wants to expand. Current site doesn't have enough space to extend the store I guess.

Same thing happening in Clonmel http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92149388&postcount=2963

Templemore styled store just a lot bigger.
    Lidl_Templemore.jpg

If permission was granted would you have welcomed the move out there?

Current store 650m from Pearse Street
    Planned store 900m from Pearse Street

Application was decided on and refused pretty fast.
    Received 04/09/2014 Decision 29/10/2014

Submissions from Michael Hayden
    Tesco Ireland
    Dunnes Stores
    Irish Water HQ Offices
    Anne Moriarty, Principal Environmental Health

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Seems to be a serious shortage of houses to rent in Nenagh. Looking to rent a 3/4 bed house - currently renting a 2 bed, our lease is up in a few weeks & we need a bigger space. Anything that goes up on Daft.ie seems to be gone in a few hours! Have my details left with all letting agencies too. Anyone who knows anyone advertising a rental property privately, could you PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

ourtrail wrote: »
    Seems to be a serious shortage of houses to rent in Nenagh. Looking to rent a 3/4 bed house - currently renting a 2 bed, our lease is up in a few weeks & we need a bigger space. Anything that goes up on Daft.ie seems to be gone in a few hours! Have my details left with all letting agencies too. Anyone who knows anyone advertising a rental property privately, could you PM me?[/QU

You could call into the shop opposite the hospital, they have rental properties in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭xxbrady

Yes rentals in nenagh very poor. We're looking for similar 3-4 bedroom nothing on daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

just heard that 5th Avenue is closing down in the town, she only moved location recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

irelandjoe wrote: »
    just heard that 5th Avenue is closing down in the town, she only moved location recently too.

Galvin's Menswear is closing also

Its an odd one alright. You would have hoped that the closures were behind the town. Especially now that there are some new shops in a similar space opening such as the Country Boutique and that clothes shop that moved into the former Game premises, also two new baby clothes shops. I hear a dentist is moving onto Quentins way as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

jprboy wrote: »
    Galvin's Menswear is closing also

Mattie Galvins gone... Nayna will never look the same again. Does anyone know what's to happen to Dunnes and the TSB building?

Advertisement