Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Stanley Grainne weight for collection in car?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I'm going to pick up a new Stanley Grainne tomorrow and was going to put in in the back of a large people carrier - does anyone know the weight of one of these stoves please? Just don't want my car collapsing!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

167 kgs

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Thank you very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

If you are determined to use the car make sure you strap it down really really well.

Personally I wouldn't like to have a stove in the back of a people carrier - dog/child/ runs out on the road or if you need to break suddenly for any reason then there is the potential for the stove to shoot forward....

Edit -- You would need to be used to loading and strapping to strap a stove safely into the back of a people carrier. Depending on the model is there even enough anchoring hooks etc.

Advertisement