Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hot water tank thermostat problem?

• 09-11-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have an 8yr old hot water cylinder and last year the water stopped heating and plumber came and replaced the element. now intially the water was too hot so adjusting the thermostat we got it to the right temperature. However now into winter we find it isnt heating the bath water but will if we increase the thermostat on the head unit...but then the tap water is too hot...

any ideas?
    I presume there is two elements one for the bath and one for the sink but I havent opened myself to check.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

any thoughts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If you are selecting BATH and you are getting No Hot Water, only Cold water it would indicate that either there is an electrical connection problem or the element is burnt out. But if when you select BATH and you do get some Hot Water it may indicate that the element is too short or they are wired incorrectly or you are not giving the element enough time to heat the amount of water required.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    If you are selecting BATH and you are getting No Hot Water, only Cold water it would indicate that either there is an electrical connection problem or the element is burnt out. But if when you select BATH and you do get some Hot Water it may indicate that the element is too short or they are wired incorrectly or you are not giving the element enough time to heat the amount of water required.
    Thanks with Bath I get some hot water but not a lot. Gave it 5 hours the last time but with the thermostat dial at full get enough but then tap water is scalding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Cerco

Your element may be incorrectly wired i.e. sink and bath connections cross wired. What happens if you switch to sink and leave it for a couple of hours? You could check to see if the lower part of the tank is heating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I presume there is two elements one for the bath and one for the sink but I haven't opened myself to check

Are you sure you haven't a short (11") element fitted ?

• Advertisement

thanks ill check on saturday cheers for the replies!

Advertisement