Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to East Point Business Park

Options
  • 05-11-2007 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Is it much of a walk from Clontarf station does anyone know? Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Teller wrote: »
    Is it much of a walk from Clontarf station does anyone know? Thanks.

It's no distance; just 5 to ten minutes walk, depending on which end of the estate you are going to. Some companies run mini buses to and from the estate, worthwhile to ask if you can avail of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,917 ✭✭✭✭Stark

When I worked there, there was one minibus service that served everyone. It's handy if you work in the far end of the park. If you work near the park entrance, then it's 5 minutes walk max I think.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

Oh that's great, thanks very much for the info! Do the busses run very often do you know? I'll be in Block A1, is that near the front? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The buses run quite regularly at peak times, though it really only does take 5-10 mins walk. The buses are handy when it's raining though.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

Thanks Dudara.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 jdf

On the subject of East Point - how accessable is it from Heuston station?

Is there any other option than the luas, dart and feeder bus route?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

jdf wrote: »

not very.

cycle from heuston?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

i work in Eastpoint, I commute from South-Laois. I usually do the following.

From Heuston I get the Luas to Bus Aras.
    At Bus Aras just around the corner (opposite from Connolly) is a bus stop. All the buses there stop at Annessley Bridge. From Annessley Bridge it is roughly a 10 mins walk via East Wall Road to Eastpoint Business Park.

You could walk from town (Bus Aras) to Eastpoint, approx 20-25 mins walk. I do this a lot, good exercise too :) , albeit in the opposite direction in the evening, I walk from Eastpoint to Connolly.

Your alternatives are the following.

From Heuston get either Luas or No. 90 bus into town (both reliable).
    From town get either bus (as above). You could get buses from either Abbey St. or near Liberty Hall bus stops. Or you could get Dart from either Tara St. or Connolly to Clontarf Road and either walk from Clontarf Road to business park or get business park feeder bus.

My experience is that the DART takes too long, especially for 1 stop from Connolly to Clontarf. Half the time it stops midway and can add a few mins to your journey. That is just my experience.

In the evening time, reverse journey though the no. 90 takes a lot longer to get from town to Heuston (once it took me 25-30 mins...never again). Luas is your best bet from town or else walk it.

You might look at cycling from Heuston....I am currently comtemplating such an option.

Good luck with the commute.

Please do not develop any sarcastic attitude as a result of your experience with Irish Rail, Dublin Bus or Dart :D They are totally professional and remember if they are late it is not their fault, it is always somebody elses :D

LOL

--laoisfan

Thanks laoisfan. I knew it was going to be complimicated. The Dart option is out due to delays. I was thinking of a folding bike or perhaps a scooter...

Roughly how long does it take on average for the Heuston to East Point trip?

Thanks laoisfan. I knew it was going to be complimicated. The Dart option is out due to delays. I was thinking of a folding bike or perhaps a scooter...

Roughly how long does it take on average for the Heuston to East Point trip?

on a good day it can take between 30-40 mins and i mean a good day, everything syncing up. usually i am at my desk for about 8:40am (if train gets into Heuston about 8:05am).

--laoisfan

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=jdf;54359670...I was thinking of a folding bike...[/QUOTE]

great minds think a like...i was thinking of this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,917 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's a nice easy cycle from Connolly to East point, so Luas/folding bike would definitely be a good option. The quays used to be murder for cyclists before the HGV ban, not sure if that's still the case since the ban. I know Heuston to East Point used to be a very easy cycle when done outside rush hour.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Thanks for the info lads

Advertisement