Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CLothing alterations in Cork or Midleton?

Options
  • 17-05-2015 12:22pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good place to get dresses altered?

I've tried the Zipyard, and won't be going back there.

I recently had two dresses that needed to have the necklines altered (from stylishly high up to unfashionably low - I hate having my clothes clinging around my neck, but loved the dresses), and brought them to Singer's Corner. I picked them up yesterday and when I took them out of the bag I saw that not only was there next to nothing taken off the necklines despite having specified how much I wanted taken out, the seams are all over the place and on one of the dresses the neckline is now slightly asymetrical.

I was thinking of bringing them back to have them re-done, but the quality of the seams has me worried that they'll come back even worse.

Does anybody know a good, reliable place? In Cork would be ok, in Midleton would be even better? Or anywhere between?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

If you dont have any luck here ring the bridal shop in midleton, im sure anyone they reccommend will be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

There is a place near Dennehys Cross that is good for cleaning and alterations. It is in at the back of the small industrial park across from the side of Ramen and next to Pres Fields.

overmantle wrote: »
    There is a place near Dennehys Cross that is good for cleaning and alterations. It is in at the back of the small industrial park across from the side of Ramen and next to Pres Fields.
    Off topic but if you go there pop ino Eve Chocolates in the same place. Nicest chocolate youll ever taste. All made instore too.

.red. wrote: »
    Off topic but if you go there pop ino Eve Chocolates in the same place. Nicest chocolate youll ever taste. All made instore too.

I may be wrong but I thought I heard Eve's was closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

Shenshen wrote: »
    in Midleton would be even better? Or anywhere between?

Thanks in advance.

There is place above the Ballycotton sea food shop in midleton

Sorry i dont have details to hand

• Advertisement

overmantle wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I thought I heard Eve's was closing.

Off topic again.......

Please God dont let it be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

.red. wrote: »
    Off topic again.......

Please God dont let it be true!

https://www.facebook.com/evechocolates

Afraid so.

So I didn't imagine it about Eve's Chocolate. Back to topic though, once again, I would recommend the place for alterations near the former Eve's Chocolate premises.

Advertisement