Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make-Up Artist in Cork

Options
  • 14-05-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

Hi guys!

I'm looking for recommendations for a make-up artist to do my make-up for a wedding in July. I had contacted Sarah Cummins (whose work is amazing!!) but she's not available the weekend I would need her.

Does anyone know of someone who would be of similar caliber to Sarah? Someone in the city centre or on the northside preferably.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hey Meehan kinda looking myself too, a lot are booked up though. I do have one that I went for a trial with she is based down in whitegate but she will travel to you if you want her name..

Other than that there is the retro clothes shop in town does makeup I cant think of the name of it now it is down on the Coal Quay they might be able to help..

If you find a good one will you let me know, im still unsure about mine as I didn't really like it at the trial

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

My wife used http://www.carolinebourke.ie/ and she was delighted with her.

That's us in the pic under the "Wedding Makeup" link on the main page :)

TBH, I've no idea what the nuanced differences are between the different make-up artists so she may be way off the mark but see for yourself :)

I was just looking up the threads in the wedding forum.
    Caroline comes highly recommended but I know she books out fairly quickly so go now and ask

Another that was recommended was http://www.makeupbymartha.ie/ as we all know I can not post links haha so it is Make up by Martha. I emailed her but she never came back to me but she might be worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

pm sent.

do you have someone else pwurple other than the ones already said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Dawn Ryan(Glamour by Dawn) is fantastic. Couldn't rate her highly enough. Rosa(Rosa through the looking glass) is great too, especially if you are aiming for a more vintage look. I used Dawn for my wedding and had an up style and makeup done by Rosa as part of a package thing in Brocade and Lime. Both are lovely to deal with too.

thank you might take a looksie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Thanks a million everyone!

Just thought I'd let ye know, I found a girl who will do my make-up. Rebecca O' Donovan is her name, she works in Inglot in Mahon but she's gonna come to my house the morning of the wedding. Delighted! Thanks for the suggestions everyone. :)

Yeah happy days, great.. How did you come across her? Make sure and get your trial it is mad how much difference there is with makeup.. Still not sure with mine going to maybe try the girl you sent on and maybe this lady if possible..

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Yeah happy days, great.. How did you come across her? Make sure and get your trial it is mad how much difference there is with makeup.. Still not sure with mine going to maybe try the girl you sent on and maybe this lady if possible..

Facebook and google! Came across a girl, Lisa O' Mahony who also works in Inglot but she was booked up, and she led me to Rebecca. I was looking for a particular style of artist - Really good contouring and strong eye looks and the girls in Inglot all lean this way!

I actually have a voucher for a make-up lesson in Inglot so I might book it with Rebecca. Love her style though! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rebecca-O-Donovan-Make-Up-Artist/326264200912152?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Clockwork Owl

If you like a particular makeup house, you might find it worth your while to visit a counter and book an appointment - either in BTs or Debenhams. They'll usually do it for free with two products, so you can stock up and pretty much get your face done for free.

Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Chanel and Dior are all worth a look, in my experience.

<snip>

Advertisement