Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Web hosting for mix tapes

• 13-11-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Hi all, im in the process of digitizing my collection of dj mix tapes from early/mid 90s and i was thinking of making them freely available on the web for download. Does anyone know an easy way to make them available (bearing in mind, i am no tech expert) that doesn't involve uploading each set seperately to somewhere like mediafire?

Also, anyone know about copyright implications if vast majority are recordings of live dj sets? (eg, who, if anyone, might hold the copyright to a Gayle San set from the now defunct Club UK?)

Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

try the following:

www.soundcloud.com - gives you the ability to make them downloadable too.

www.mixcloud.com - better tracklisting facility, autolinks to legal purchase sites for individual tunes within mixes.

As for copyright, wouldn't worry about it tbh; if someone takes offence it will get pulled down; slightly more likely to happen on soundcloud rather than mixcloud, but either way getting them taken down is about the worst that can happen. Theoretically they could take you to Guantanamo and waterboard you but really nobody minds twenty year old bedroom mixes of long forgotten generic house music being available for listening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

also this place, seems to combine mixcloud with soundcloud downloadabilty

http://www.house-mixes.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Soundcloud is the most universally used and most professional of the above sites, only limit is the free account only has 2 hours space, which isn't great for mixes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 annafalcon

You can try www.megaupload.com as well there are 2 membership options premium and free which gives you 200 GB online storage with file manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Thanks for the replies. Had a brief look at some of the suggestions and agree that soundcloud seems the best set-up of the options, although they also make a real point about the "sounds" being your own so i'd be worried that the mixes might end up being removed. Anyway, thanks for the input and i'll feedback on how i get on

• Advertisement
Advertisement