Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student Fare Dublin to Belfast?

Options
  • 21-10-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the student return fare is from Dublin to Belfast seems you can only book a single to belfast online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

My trip to Carrick on Shannon takes the same time as the trip to Belfast, and i get that for €21 return, Belfast should be a similar price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

€30 by train.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are often fare deals and the fare offered by Irish Rail are sometimes different to those offered by NIR, so if you make the trip regularly, shop around. You will need a student travel card.

For next week, if you book on-line with Irish Rail, it is €14.99 + fees single or €20 + fees return.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

For a return, you're better off walking up. Arrive early, and you'll be grand.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    For a return, you're better off walking up. Arrive early, and you'll be grand.

Belfast is a bit too far to walk :)

sorry :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Belfast is a bit too far to walk :)

sorry :).

Correction, walking up to the station on the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Aircoach and Bus Eireeann have almost hourly services, Aircoach for €20 return booked online, Bus Eireann are €25 return, The train is €40 return for student tickets but the adult fare booked in advance is usually cheaper at between €33 rising to €43 return bought on day of travel when fees are added.

Is the student gone up to €40? I remember when I took it last year it was only €20...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yup, its now 40 for a student ticket. You can book 14.99 tickets online making a return €30 (adult fare)

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Is the student gone up to €40? I remember when I took it last year it was only €20...

Its €30 if you go up to the window. Adult day return is €40 and open return is €55.
    I have'nt a clue why its €40 online. It cant be the same price as the adult fare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Its €30 if you go up to the window. Adult day return is €40 and open return is €55.
    I have'nt a clue why its €40 online. It cant be the same price as the adult fare.

I'm pretty sure the booking office student return fare is €40 unless there is a promotion on.

Remember that the adult day return is at a reduced price. The student fare is a discount on the open return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

No student discount for cross border, its charged at the day return rate but is valid for 30 days

lxflyer wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the booking office student return fare is €40 unless there is a promotion on.

Remember that the adult day return is at a reduced price. The student fare is a discount on the open return.

Reduced from what?

Reduced from what?

The adult day return fare is reduced from the open adult return fare.

The student return fare is reduced from the open adult return fare.

The fact that the adult day return and the student return are the same price is coincidence.

Its adult fare is not reduced from anything unless you are getting it cheaper online.

Stop confusing the issue - adult day return tickets are cheaper than the open return.

Student tickets are priced at a discount to the adult open return.

The student ticket is €40 return, which just happens to be the same fare as the adult day return. It is cheaper than the adult open return of €55, which is the relevant adult fare for comparison purposes.

That's all I was saying.

I stand corrected, its €31.50.

Advertisement