Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic church - Meaning of marraige

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Did they ever come up with an answer to the infertile hetero couple question?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Seems to be a permissable exception

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I wouldn't let the opinions of such a closed minded group of fairytale believers annoy you, the Catholic Church is full of ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Interesting they have such a virelant voice on this but what about the relentless buggering of young boys in their care... or selling the unmarried mothers babies from the magdeline laundrys... or dumping dead babies in, effectively a septic tank.... or the priest and bishops that have had children with women and never even acknowledged the kids.... or the millions and millions they hold in properties and land across the country but still made the government pay restitution to victims of deviant priests... do they really hold the moral high ground on anything anymore??

A recent study on Catholicism in Ireland shows less than 20% of people consider themselves practicing catholics, a number that has been in decline for decades. The sooner they all p1ss off the better. Sanctimonious w@nkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

That's okay, we can expect a similar crusade to confiscate children from people whose husband/wives have died, disappeared, in the case where daddy is unknown or unmarried couples then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

This is the beginning of a campaign that is going to get very very nasty. Lots of scare mongering from the NO side will be said, and no doubt us gays will be associated with paedophilia and such like.
    I think rather than call all those on the NO side, nasty names ,we should be respectable and show that gay people are decent and caring and not how they wish to portray us.
    Show the NO side up by all means, but name calling does us no favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Interesting they have such a virelant voice on this but what about the relentless buggering of young boys in their care... or selling the unmarried mothers babies from the magdeline laundrys... or dumping dead babies in, effectively a septic tank.... or the priest and bishops that have had children with women and never even acknowledged the kids.... or the millions and millions they hold in properties and land across the country but still made the government pay restitution to victims of deviant priests... do they really hold the moral high ground on anything anymore??

A recent study on Catholicism in Ireland shows less than 20% of people consider themselves practicing catholics, a number that has been in decline for decades. The sooner they all p1ss off the better. Sanctimonious w@nkers.

That last two sentences are just vicious and could easily be said by a homophobe about homosexuals or a racist about foreigners.

Its grand to attack to church, if that's how you feel but not to attack the practitioner on the ground. To some people their faith is an integral part of their lives, its grossly unfair to demean them or to stereotype them all as socially backward and morally contemptuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rooroo

Britney Spears got married for 55 hours as a joke...

"We recognise that couples today face many challenges to building and sustaining a strong marriage. A major challenge arises from any proposal which seeks to redefine the meaning and purpose of marriage on which the family is founded, changing the definition of marriage by enabling the relationship of a same sex couple to also become a marriage."

If me marrying a man affects your marriage, then you've a few issues to sort out in your marriage.

The institution of marriage has been changing for centuries, from arranged marriages that benefit society to choosing to marry someone you love to lifting bans/allowing interracial marriages (deemed unconstitutional in the USA during the 1960's), there's historical and anthropological evidence for this. Since divorce came in, rates have risen by 550%.

And tbh, I'm not gonna listen to a bunch of old men that have carried out years of abuse on children that they were suppose to protect.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Attempting to equate homo/bi sexality with paedophillia...to me that's as bad as falsely accusing someone of rape. If I were a Christian I certainly would not be a Catholic. They should grow up and learn some personal responsibility.

Advertisement