Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving steam games between drives

Options
  • 07-01-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭

just a bit of a beginners question, here is as good as any place to find out. i have a 128GB SSD and another normal hard drive (1tb or 500 gb can't remember) Is it easy to move games from the SSD as it is filling up quickly. i do not want to just delete the old games as it took me a while to download alot of them. i will probably not play most of them again, but i am a bit of a hoarder !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Steams up to date client allows you to chose where games are downloaded. So any new games that are downloaded you can chooses to download them to a new drive.

Not sure if it can move existing games.

EDIT: I should mention the option is presented to you when you start a download.

Advertisement