Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego games. Where to start?

Options
  • 05-01-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I became quite a lego junkie lately. :P I know there are a good few Lego games out now and i mostly heard very good about them.

I would like to give them a go. Preferably on PC. So where do i start?! :confused: So there are Lotr, batman and SW games. Wanst there Indiana Jones too? All those themes are quite close to me, so i would not mind to play any of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The complete version of Lego Star Wars.

Lego Lord of the Rings.

Maybe Lego Harry Potter too.

Rest of them were just alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

looks like steam got starwars complete saga for a fiver. and batman 2 for 13eu. I checked lotr review and it looked quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

My son got the Harry Potter one for Xmas and from what I've played it's very good.

The complete saga SW one is a bit dated imo. The clone wars one is far better and includes an RTS mode which is a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

play everything before lego batman 2 first because its the first with voices so i felt it was two different experiences. I love not having the voices. But before anyone jumps in haha im not saying the games after lego batman are bad they are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Played Indiana Jones one; majorly-disappointed to discover you don't actually build Lego in it, just hold down a button and the bricks assemble themselves, thus ruining the whole idea for me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Avoid lego star wars 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean, most of the others are great.

Have to say I loved the Harry Potter ones even though I despised the movies, both of the batman ones are fab though as mentioned the 2nd one has voice acting which was totally against at first but when I played it I was sold instantly as it's done so well with much of the voice talent from the DC cartoons on the job.

Lego Indiana jones is great...... not so much the second one.

Oh lego lort is great and uses sound bites from the films and is very well done but turns into a massive grind fest for 100% ......... actually thats all the lego games lol

Edit: Interesting note about Lego Lord of the Rings...... having played most of them I think it has to be the only one I've ever seen them patch the glitches on, not that they are bad for glitches , but there are always the unlucky few who get screwed out of 100% because of one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Pretty much anywhere is a good place to start with those games. They are all simple, fun, and amazingly pick-up-and-play. Best place for you to begin is just with whichever of the movie franchises is your personal favourite. If you're a Star Wars head, start there. If Harry Potter is more your thing, start there instead. They're all good harmless fun, from what I've played of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

It all really depends on what you are series you are into. Personally I like all the LEGO games. Can be quiet difficult to go back and play the old ones if you have played the new Batman or Lord of The Rings, as they are much better quality and have voice's in them. So I would recommend start with the early ones. You can get some of pretty cheap also.

Anyway just have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm enjoying the LOTR game but i'll be honest, I really wish we got a current generation version of Lego Stunt Rally. I've never been a major fan of Mario Kart but have fond memories of playing Stunt Rally and want my childhood back.

boiledeggs wrote: »
    It all really depends on what you are series you are into. Personally I like all the LEGO games. Can be quiet difficult to go back and play the old ones if you have played the new Batman or Lord of The Rings, as they are much better quality and have voice's in them. So I would recommend start with the early ones. You can get some of pretty cheap also.

Anyway just have fun.

I haven't played the Lord Of The Rings one yet, but does adding in voices not take away from the games? I was a little disappointed when I heard that voice-acting was on the cards. I thought a lot of the laughs came from telling the storey without words. The classic "Luke, I am your father" scene in Lego Star Wars had me in bits laughing at it. Because of this, it became the most memorable part of the game for me. I couldn't imagine out bring half as funny with actual dialogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,303 ✭✭✭✭Penn

deathrider wrote: »
    I haven't played the Lord Of The Rings one yet, but does adding in voices not take away from the games? I was a little disappointed when I heard that voice-acting was on the cards. I thought a lot of the laughs came from telling the storey without words. The classic "Luke, I am your father" scene in Lego Star Wars had me in bits laughing at it. Because of this, it became the most memorable part of the game for me. I couldn't imagine out bring half as funny with actual dialogue.

I've only played Lego Star Wars 2 and Lego Batman 2 (the first with voices). Definitely a dip in humour. Some bits were kinda funny, but Lego Star Wars 2 was pretty hilarious.

I think they should make it to be that if they're making a game which already has a known story (Star Wars, LOTR etc), they should do it without dialogue. If they're doing a new story they made themselves (Lego Batman 2), then dialogue is probably necessary.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

LEGO LOTR has been easily the most enjoyable. It starts out a bit monotonous though, but builds up quite nicely, just like the trilogy. And as calex mentioned, the voiceovers etc are straight from the film so it really is a great experience to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Having played, and gotten 100% in most of them, I would recommend both LEGO Batman games, LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga, LEGO Indiana Jones 1 (2 is just a cheap rehash of the first to be honest), LEGO Lord of the Rings and both LEGO Harry Potters. Don't OD on them though, as they are very grindy games.

if you actually like the concept of lego then try minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I've played the Star Wars Complete Saga, Clone Wars, and Indiana Jones ones. I've have to say the puzzles in Indiana Jones are more "puzzley". In the complete saga, you pretty much just press a button to use the force and that solves the puzzle. That's not to say the game isn't really fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Best games are Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga, Lego Batman 1 (2 was good but didnt really like it as much as the first) and Lego LOTR is great.

Also, Warner Brothers just announced Lego Marvel Super Heroes for autumn :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

In lego related news Marvel Superheroes announced today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

calex71 wrote: »
    In lego related news Marvel Superheroes announced today :)

Just saw that now. 100+ unlockable playable characters too. Can't wait. Lego + Marvel = win.

What next, Lego Marvel vs DC. :D

This needs a trailer immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Can't wait to play the Marvel game; they have so many more recognisable characters than DC. I almost wish they'd do a bunch of smaller Marvel titles (Lego Avengers, Lego X-Men, etc) and build up to a Universe game!

Regarding currently existing Lego games, I'd recommend SW: The Complete Saga. It's two games for the price of one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement