Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Playing (End of the Year Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Dark Souls. I might actually be still playing this game on the day I die.
    Blops 2. (Why did I bother ?)
    Arkham city
    Max Payne 3 on old school
    BF3
    Metal gear HD on Vita
    Gravity rush
    Guild wars 2

Will be starting Hitman tomorrow.

Sometimes I wonder how I ever found a wife:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Not playing too much at the moment actually. A bit of Xcom and Borderlands 2 on PC. Playing Bastion on iPad and the occasional game of Hero Academy and New Star Soccer on iPhone.

All other consoles have been sold in advance of the Wii U coming next week so I'll be playing that (Mario and Zombi U) till Christmas anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

PC
    LOTR: War in the North
    King's Bounty: The Legend
    Mass Effect 3

PS3
    Tiger Woods PGA 13
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Dabbling in Baldur's Gate, Super Meat Boy and Sins of a Solar Empire, Tokyo Jungle

Looking forward to AC3 at Xmas and have Dark Souls on the way from Zavvi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Playing:
    F1 2012,
    FIFA 13,
    NBA 2K13,
    Black Ops 2,
    Football Manager 2013

On the hit-list:
    Halo 4,
    Hitman,
    FarCry 3,
    The Amazing Spiderman,
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2013,
    F1 Stars,
    Dishonored,
    Need for Speed,
    Forza Horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Now
    Medal of Honor - prob finished with it for good now
    Black Ops 2 - load of meh , not sure if I'll play it anymore either
    Sniper Elite V2 - very samey and boring
    Team Fortress 2 - never gets old :D
    Left4Dead2 - set STEAM region to US - more fun vs Americans late at night
    Guild Wars 2 - played for 1 day, should really get back to it
    Skyrim - rolled a new sneaky archer character - will get the new DLC too
    StarCraft 2 - for the RTS fix, though im awful
    Natural Selection 2 - still undecided as to whether I like it or not
    FIFA 13

Next
    Tropico 4 - bought it last week , need to try it
    Hitman
    Dishonored
    Far Cry 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Replaying Red Dead Redemption at the moment. Probably going to play Grand Theft Auto III next.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Now
    Medal of Honor - prob finished with it for good now
    Black Ops 2 - load of meh , not sure if I'll play it anymore either
    Sniper Elite V2 - very samey and boring
    Team Fortress 2 - never gets old :D
    Left4Dead2 - set STEAM region to US - more fun vs Americans late at night
    Guild Wars 2 - played for 1 day, should really get back to it
    Skyrim - rolled a new sneaky archer character - will get the new DLC too
    StarCraft 2 - for the RTS fix, though im awful
    Natural Selection 2 - still undecided as to whether I like it or not
    FIFA 13

Next
    Tropico 4 - bought it last week , need to try it
    Hitman
    Dishonored
    Far Cry 3

This is the case :P
    But I'm up at a level where a lot of them seem to be 1shot kills.
    3xDamage with bows when hidden, added to extra damage on archery. It's a bit OP.
    The only annoying thing is arrows, or lack of. I refuse to make my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,179 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dark Souls (new DLC)
    PES 2013

I took a break from Skyrim for Dark Souls.

Still have Batman AC unopened though - will play at Xmas.

Plan to be playing Mass Effect 1 on PS3 on December 4th.

Considering purchases of the GOTY editions of both Borderlands 1 and Red Dead though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

bit of PES2013 (pc)

NSFW MW 2012 (pc)

payday the heist (pc)

bit of reach (360)

some xbl arcade games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

PC:

Dawn of War II single player - will continue onto Chaos Rising single player campaign afterwards
    Renegade Ops (playing local co-op with girlfriend)
    LEGO Batman 2 (playing local co-op with girlfriend)

Nexus 7:

World of Goo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I just finished my first playthrough of Borderlands 2 and I'm going through the first DLC now. It's an excellent game but I'm starting to find it a bit of a grind - especially after the horrible ending when
    you kill Jack

I'm trying to work my way through the ridiculous backlog of games I have, so I've just started Assassins Creed Brotherhood. I'm aiming to get back to GTAIV to finish The Ballad of Gay Tony and to play through The Lost and the Damned. I'll also be going back to Skyrim for the Dragonborn DLC when it's out.

I've downloaded Lost Winds 2 on the iPad - I've only dabbled with it briefly, but it looks like a beautiful game so far.

I'm getting to the stage in my life where I'm finding less time to play games as the weeks go by. I've no idea how I'll ever even put a dent in the backlog of games I own.

Notorious wrote: »
    I just finished my first playthrough of Borderlands 2 and I'm going through the first DLC now. It's an excellent game but I'm starting to find it a bit of a grind - especially after the horrible ending when
    you kill Jack

Did you play Borderlands by yourself or with a group of people you knew ? I get bored playing solo. Also, I didn't realise that when quoting you...the spoiler tag gets revealed...I just ruined the ending on myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Eufloria, the Borderlands 2 DLCs as they are released, replaying Black and White 1, going to have the annual replay of Fable 1 at the start of December. Flatmate was thinking of playing Mario 64 multiplayer, so I'd give that a go. Might try and find the ps2 Futurama game too and give that a go. Just bought Awesomenauts so will be playing that a bit too. My backlog is horrendous though, hundreds of games on steam and I've probably finished about 10 of them.

TPD wrote: »
    Eufloria, the Borderlands 2 DLCs as they are released, replaying Black and White 1, going to have the annual replay of Fable 1 at the start of December. Flatmate was thinking of playing Mario 64 multiplayer, so I'd give that a go. Might try and find the ps2 Futurama game too and give that a go. Just bought Awesomenauts so will be playing that a bit too. My backlog is horrendous though, hundreds of games on steam and I've probably finished about 10 of them.

black and white... wow!

i need to install black and white 2 again. i fecking loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Up until my router blew up last week (fizzled and sparks flew out of it) I've been kept offline until UPC sent me a replacement, I ain't forking out for a coaxial modem for a few days so I don't mind checking out me other games.

Anyways:
    Chivalry - Medieval Warfare - I play this most nights with the brother, it's good craìc to play and can be very funny. They need to pick up the pace with the patches (though I think they released a big one on Friday) and get more maps out as the handful that are there do get tedious and you quickly cycle through them. Great game though with loads of potential given that it's only a month or so old.

Black Ops 2 - Found the single player ok, a better effort than the last few. Still, not a fan of quick-time events and the game still feels like an on-the-rails shooter, even if they've given more paths to complete a level. Story and dialogue were daft as the hills. :pac:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Very relaxing game and one I didn't think I'd like at all. I was hungover when I tried it and actually liked it :pac: Need to sort out the internet radio settings as I'm sick of listening to the same music.

Rayman Origins - Fully completed it the other day by getting through Land Of The Livid Dead. I honestly didn't find it that hard as it had been known to be and found some other levels in the game to be a lot tougher. Still, an excellent and distinct game with a bizarre but catchy soundtrack

Dishonored - Hadn't touched this game for a while after I died at one part and realised the last save brought me waaaay back in a level to even bother doing it again. Went back into it last night though I seem to have lost my purpose for sneaking and instead just slaughter everything :D Almost finished it, I think. Good game and one I'll return to down the line to do things differently.

Hotline Miami - One of the few games where you don't mind dying endlessly :P Great soundtrack to it.

Need For Speed - Most Wanted - Lost interest in the NFS series since the original MW so I said I'd check this one out for the craic. Good, fast paced game though the crashing is bloody distracting and needs tightening up (one race had black bags on a corner that could stop a beefy Merc going 180mph dead in it's tracks. The hell was that person throwing out!?! :pac:)

Atari Jaguar - My God, I forgot how awful a lot of the games were for this. A 64bit console with sub-par SNES / Mega Drive games.

Next up, in relation to all the GTAV hub-bub I thought I'd give Episodes From Liberty City a go. Found GTA IV to be unbelievably boring but I hear good praise for these so......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

PC:
    EVE Online
    Guild Wars 2
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive
    League of Legends
    Birth of the federation

Keep telling myself I'll go back to Star Trek Online some day... some day.

XBOX:
    Halo 4
    Black Ops
    Dance Central 2 (only when home alone ;P )
    Street Fighter 4 (occasionally)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

xbox
    Sleeping Dogs
    Need to finish this soon – friend wants to trade in for Hitman. Very nice combat for a sandbox game. Enjoying it X2 compared to GTA4 (which I did like at the time).

pc
    Chivalry Medieval Warfare
    Just got this last night and loving it. Was put off by the talk of a very buggy beta, but saw a vid on youtube and had to get it.

Borderlands 2
    Still of 1st play though, even though I'm 50 hrs in (I can never pass by any of the side quests). Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,937 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

PC

Borderlands : still only level 17 or so, was really enjoying it, must get back to it !

PS3

Dark Souls: still playing this ! the new content took me away from borderlands. still plenty of summoning and invading going on

Okami: about 7 hours in, fantastic game. So easy to sit down and play. time just flies by.

Black ops 2: just tried abit of the multiplayer, was a bit of a mess connection wise. A few of my friends have got it, so I will see if they continue to play it or give up on it. i did not like MW3 , i'm also unsure about this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did you play Borderlands by yourself or with a group of people you knew ? I get bored playing solo. Also, I didn't realise that when quoting you...the spoiler tag gets revealed...I just ruined the ending on myself :(

Sorry about that Sean! But to be honest, the ending is muck anyway - granted it isn't a story driven game anyhow. I just finished the DLC tonight so I'll be taking a break from Borderlands for a while.

I was mainly playing online, with mates and randomers. I kept having trouble with random players ruining my game by just running through the maps, grabbing all the loot and not really killing anybody. Someone did it up at the Lighthouse (DLC) and I had to kick them so the rest of the group could catch up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've been absent from the Xbox for the past while due to college so my 6 weeks after exams are looking as such

Assassins Creed 3

Max Payne 3

Darksiders 2

Lego Lord of the Rings

Lego Batman 2

That should keep me going, along with finishing Bastion and The Walking Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought I was finished with Borderlands 2 until after Christmas but didn't expect new DLC to be released so soon so I'll be playing that for the next few days I reckon. Also started a full playthrough of GTAIV and Episodes from Liberty City which should tide me over for a while. Then when Christmas comes, getting Hitman and Need for Speed Most Wanted.

Should be getting a new PS3 early next month as my 60GB phat release day PS3 is still working fine, but 60GB just isn't enough between game installations and games I want to download as I'm signed up to Playstation Plus, so going to get a Slim 500GB (or maybe 320GB depending on what deals are available).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

At the moment it's a combination of Borderlands 2, The Walking Dead and Shogun 2.

For Christmas, it's going to be X-COM and Dishonored, I think. Now to start dropping hints to the family and girlfriend.

Though I wouldn't mind a good meaty title to get stuck into either. Something you can drop a few hundred hours into, like Skyrim, or X3... Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

At the moment it's a combination of Borderlands 2, The Walking Dead and Shogun 2.

For Christmas, it's going to be X-COM and Dishonored, I think. Now to start dropping hints to the family and girlfriend.

Though I wouldn't mind a good meaty title to get stuck into either. Something you can drop a few hundred hours into, like Skyrim, or X3... Any recommendations?

I have the Witcher 2 on my list, but I won't have enough time until after next years exams!!! Supposed to be very meaty. And I mean that in both contexts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

chrislad wrote: »
    I have the Witcher 2 on my list, but I won't have enough time until after next years exams!!! Supposed to be very meaty. And I mean that in both contexts. :)

I have that too, it's in my backlog. I couldn't get into it though - the same happened with the Witcher. Was about ten hours in, stopped playing and never felt the need to go back to it.

I've heard it's excellent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

black and white... wow!

i need to install black and white 2 again. i fecking loved that game.

This is some new meme where we say the opposite of what we mean, right?

Let me try:
    Black and White 2 was a polished, well-designed game full of purpose, fun and satisfaction. It was also very well optimised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

At the moment: (All on PC)
    X-Com Enemy Unknown
    DayZ
    Team Fortress 2
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    Battlefield 3

Zillah wrote: »

Let me try:
    Black and White 2 was a polished, well-designed game full of purpose, fun and satisfaction. It was also very well optimised.

what? :confused:

No, i loved black and white games. i loved black and white 2. I never finished it for some reason, but i need to get finger out and reinstall it.

meme? wtf?

anyway, i got that spec ops: the line for a 5eu and i have to say its a sin not to pick that up for a fiver. i am really enjoying it and the settings is really good. Story wise it is really catchig me on. deeper i go, the more i want to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Zillah wrote: »

Let me try:
    what? :confused:

No, i loved black and white games. i loved black and white 2. I never finished it for some reason, but i need to get finger out and reinstall it.

meme? wtf?

Whatever the thoughts about Black and White 2, the first was genuinely innovative and very humorous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Left school there a few weeks back and until i get placed into a FÁS course (oh the joy) in January I've a lot of time on my hands. So just gonna get bet into the PS3 for a while.
    Playing Black Ops II at the moment and finding it not to be as bad as I thought but the multiplayer isn't the best and will get most likely get mind-numbingly repetitive after a while so thinking of getting into Mass Effect for the first time and plsy the trilogy, looking for a game with lots of hours and a decent story, any suggestions?

Advertisement