Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lamborgini boiler . Louth

• 06-03-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Can someone recommend a person. I it's a xlio t. Making a whining noise when starting up for a few mins. Wanted it serviced anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Robbie G wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a person. I it's a xlio t. Making a whining noise when starting up for a few mins. Wanted it serviced anyway.

Try RobbieG on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Gas installer called there and said it was heat exchanger blocked a bit. He said they are around €400 but recommended I change the boiler .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Gas installer called there and said it was heat exchanger blocked a bit. He said they are around €400 but recommended I change the boiler .

Powerflush first , worst case scenario replace heat exchanger after flush . But yea if you can , change the boiler , in which case you will need it flushed anyway.

If it's only blocked a bit then chances are that a flush will solve it

Well how efficient are these boilers?

Is it worth the cost of replacing it?

• Advertisement

Well how efficient are these boilers?

Is it worth the cost of replacing it?

How old is it?

I moved in in 2012. House was built in 2007 and lay idle .

I moved in in 2012. House was built in 2007 and lay idle .

I'm not familiar with the boiler. Is it an A rated condensing boiler?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the boiler. Is it an A rated condensing boiler?

It's only a standard system boiler dec , you don't want to familiarise yourself with them ... Although only problems I've come across on them have been pcbs so maybe I'm being a bit harsh !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Not a great boiler TBH, did the house lay idle since built until 2012? (ie. boiler has only 2 years running on the clock?)

• Advertisement

Yes. Although 3 other boilers in our estate have been replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Yes. Although 3 other boilers in our estate have been replaced

Bit of a pattern there, contact Dublin Providers they are the importers and distributers & see was there any common fsult issues on your site, you may have a warantee issue.

Can't see after 2 years of operation, and 5 years laying idle in the house how any warranty would stand TBH (you never know though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

DGOBS wrote: »
    Can't see after 2 years of operation, and 5 years laying idle in the house how any warranty would stand TBH (you never know though)

You do have a warantee claim if there is a systamatic fault with the boiler & its not fit for purpose wheather its 2 or 5 years old, your rights are that you would have a reasonsble expectation for the life of the boiler, & 2 to 5 years is not reasonable.

So if you left your car laying idle for 5 years only to find it was seized when you went to drive it, you'd expect a warranty?
    This lay unused presumably with water in it, not serviced for mutilple years, I can't see warranty standing.

You do have a warantee claim if there is a systamatic fault with the boiler & its not fit for purpose wheather its 2 or 5 years old, your rights are that you would have a reasonsble expectation for the life of the boiler, & 2 to 5 years is not reasonable.

How does that work ? So if you expect a boiler to last 15 yrs and the pcb goes after 12 , should it be covered under warranty ? I wouldn't think so

Why would you say the boiler was not fit for purpose?
    It's a boiler, it works but as the OP said, it's said to have a partially blocked heat exchanger, thats not due to design of the boiler

There is no warranty.

As mentioned you leave a boiler and don't use it for years you will get problems plumbed or not.

It's not the manufactures responsibility/fault a expensive ornament was wanted and not a boiler.

By leaving a boiler so long with the inherent faults that go with it you then give any manufacture a get out of jail card even if it is a cack boiler with design faults.

Advertisement