Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish coal in Stanley cara stove

Options
  • 01-01-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi
    Im getting a cara non boiler stove fitted and im wondering what fuels are best. Can I burn polish coal or does it have to be smokeless? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

dripple wrote: »
    Hi
    Im getting a cara non boiler stove fitted and im wondering what fuels are best. Can I burn polish coal or does it have to be smokeless? Cheers

It has to be smokeless
    Polish is to wet and sooty for a stove.
    Look for anthracite,stoviods or super cite they are the proper coals for stoves.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dripple

Thanks. Do you know any decent brands of smokeless stuff?? There usually bad for giving off good heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

I have the Cara & use SuperTherm & hardwood logs.
    Find it great. If lit from about 2pm, it'll use about half a bucket of ST & about 1/2 log per hour but logs are big which I chop in half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

I have the cara and am burning my first 40kg bag of polish coal and it lights very easy and lasts a good long time, (money saver) but it really is sooty.

Also a stanley rep said they can burn anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

If you burn polish coal or any house coal , you will destry your stove over time.

Eco brite
    Eco-Glo
    Calco
    are all good smokeless coals..I dont know where the idea comes from that they dont give a lot of heat...my rads are too hot to keep your hand on for any lennght of time when the stove is going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

robertxxx wrote: »
    I have the cara and am burning my first 40kg bag of polish coal and it lights very easy and lasts a good long time, (money saver) but it really is sooty.

Also a stanley rep said they can burn anything.

Were you burning polish coal or similar before your side panel cracked or was it smokeless?
    Mostly the reason natural coals are not recommended is due to the trapped gases within them. If you watch for small jets of blue flame coming from the coals, this is the gas burning. It burns approx 3 times hotter than the coal & can buckle the stove.
    This is removed from smokeless coals as they are crushed, mixed & remade into cubes.

Advertisement