Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning oven

Options
  • 04-08-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a quick question on how best to clean shelves in oven. I have no problem in cleaning the inside of oven, but the shelves are a grill form and silver in colour. Over the years black burnt grease have stuck to the shelves and I cant get it cleaned. I wonder can new shelves be got ?.

Thanking You :)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

The shelves are usually chrome plated and if you scrub them too hard it can remove the chrome making them rust, I found the cleaning bags in oven pride worked well http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253841037

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ditto for the Oven Pride stuff, it's magic. The shelves in my oven were so bad, I also thought it'd be a case of buying new ones, but after using this stuff they really (no, really!) are like new. Now, I must admit, they were actually so filthy that it took two uses of the stuff to shift it, but even so, it really works.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Alun wrote: »
    Ditto for the Oven Pride stuff, it's magic. The shelves in my oven were so bad, I also thought it'd be a case of buying new ones, but after using this stuff they really (no, really!) are like new. Now, I must admit, they were actually so filthy that it took two uses of the stuff to shift it, but even so, it really works.

Hi I bought the OVEN PRIDE the other day and used it and I have to agree it was brilliant. I had no idea it could be so good. The oven is as good as new. I am so grateful for your help :)

Advertisement