Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Player Problem

• 23-04-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just tried to watch 'off the rails' and it keeps cutting off half way through at same point.
    This happened before also,does anyone else have same problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

celsy wrote: »
    Just tried to watch 'off the rails' and it keeps cutting off half way through at same point. This happened before also,does anyone else have same problem?
    Well without questioning WHY you would want to watch it . . ;-)

If it keeps stopping at the same point, it may have only been half uploaded or uploaded with errors by the RTE staff. Does it just stop and display the circular arrow? Also, have you tried another browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) and how is your bband connection?

The problem lies in one of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭celsy

Hey thanks, it just cuts straight off, no arrow. Yeh I thought it may well be the connection but I really haven't a clue bout these things, so wondered if it was indeed a technical problem on RTE's side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What date of the episode and what time does it break down.. I'll see if it breaks down on mine.. From what you describe, it sound like all of the video may not have been uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭celsy

Closed it but I think it was around 9 min time though can't really remember.
    It prob is my connection, last time a while ago on something I was trying to watch it happened,that was on explorer,this time it was firefox.
    Thanks for help.
    It was latest episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

It works ok for me. I didn't watch it continuosly; I skipped forward and backwards, but the full programme is there without any breaks. (Internet Explorer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This happens to me all the time on the RTÉ Player... It used to work fine up until a few weeks ago, but now its impossible to watch anything on it...
    It doesn't matter whether I'm using Explorer or Firefox, it never works...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

Its completely gone now. I'm getting a 'Application can't be loaded. Configuration error' message every time i click on it.

Is anyone getting access to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MOC2000

I'm getting the same error message now when I try to open RTE player 'Application can't be loaded. Configuration error'. Anybody any ideas? Worked fine up to a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

clear cache etc. it is working for me at the moment.

Thanks for reply. I did think it was something to do with settings my end. I deleted flash player and downloaded again, problem still there. Really am clueless at this stuff so not sure what you mean about clearing cache?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

MOC2000 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. I did think it was something to do with settings my end. I deleted flash player and downloaded again, problem still there. Really am clueless at this stuff so not sure what you mean about clearing cache?!

Clear your browsers history and cashe.

In Internet Explorer

1. Click on Tools
    2. Select and Click on Internet Options
    3. Under Browser historty click Delete...
    4. I would select all options (and de-select the favorites option) and click Delete

This is in IE 8 AFAIK.

Thanks, tried that but still getting the same error mesage.

Thanks, tried that but still getting the same error mesage.

Post a link up to "Off The Rails", I can't find it on the player site. :confused:

Sorry the OP is from April.

Which show do you want to look at MOC2000.

Wanted to watch the programme on the banking crisis 'freefall' from last monday. I know very exciting!

Er, should have said that it's when I'm first logging onto RTE player that i'm getting the error message, not with individual programmes.

Er, should have said that it's when I'm first logging onto RTE player that i'm getting the error message, not with individual programmes.

Strange. Are you in Ireland? Have you tried different browsers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Hiya, I havent been able to watch anything since last week, is it just my computer? Was alright up till last Wednesday I think and now when I press play it'll play the advert but wont show the programme, has a little circle saying please wait but nothing happens? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Redpunto wrote: »
    Hiya, I havent been able to watch anything since last week, is it just my computer? Was alright up till last Wednesday I think and now when I press play it'll play the advert but wont show the programme, has a little circle saying please wait but nothing happens? thanks

Its come up now with "cannot connect to server", :mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RayCharlez

i started having the same problem recently :
    "Application can't be loaded.
    Configuration error"
    I have no problem with watching 'live tv', just with player.
    emailed rte 1 week ago and still no response.

RTE player is working fine for me now and I haven't changed anything since so don't know what the problem was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RayCharlez

working fine for me now too without changing anything. must have been something at rte's end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Weird, this is happening to me too now so I thought I'd post the fix / work around. I have 4 PC's on the same home network and it's happening on one of them.

The affected one is a 10.6.8 Mac Mini, and I get the same error on all browsers;
    player : application can't be loaded. cl error
    playerxl : application could not be loaded. configuration error

I've reinstalled shockwave and flash and all updates have been ran. It's connected over ethernet.

When I switch to wifi and disable ethernet, the player loads fine. When I switch back to ethernet, I get the error again. I haven't reset the router yet but this error seems to be local network related.

Advertisement