Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help? Ty work experience !! urgent

Options
  • 09-09-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I am in ty at the moment! I wasn't meant to be doing TY so I hadn't any work experience or courses planned!! Does anyone know of any worthwhile courses or work experience in Dublin?? I would be willing to travel further away if needs be!! Anything would honestly so I just am not accepted anywhere because all of the courses are full! I just need to fill out my work experience form of where I am going to go by next week!!

Also, does anybody know anything about Stein study ty work experience?? Is it any good and is it well run??
    Thanks so much

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please do not make attempts to identify people's 'real life' personas.
    Posts deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 madcheese101

spurious wrote: »
    Please do not make attempts to identify people's 'real life' personas.
    Posts deleted.

Sorry I'm only new to boards xx I didn't know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Ask around, you'll be surprised.

Places such as DIT, DCU and Trinity College offer week long courses for TY students [they're usually on around work experience dates aswell] if you're interested in science and engineering.

Go to your local beauty salon or what ever, and ask if they'd show you the ropes for a week or two. The key is to ask around. Obviously you will get nothing if you stay home and rely on people online to find you places :p.

I highly recommend this site. Just ring or email the places that look interesting. http://www.transitionyearhelp.com/#!work-experience

Advertisement