Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaky taps - supposed to be that way?

• 14-03-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Would appreciate advice. Been a trying day with bathroom supply company. Delivered wrong stuff, extremely uncooperative. Eventually delivered correct stuff. Plumber (who we have zero criticism fit the stuff and left).

But the bath taps are weird. When we're paying allot of money ye want something to be right. But when ye turn them off water keeps dribbling away for ages. Plumber swung by and says the taps are fitted correctly. If the valves were broken inside the tap the water would keep flowing rather than stopping after 15+ seconds.

He called the bath supplier and (surprise) he said they are supposed to do that. Said it was just the water left in the tap dripping out.

Now - is this BS? Only taps I've seen do this are ****ty old taps. New taps shouldn't do this surely?

Video linked below.

All advice appreciated.

Quad

http://youtu.be/oE8ktCtDEBo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Would appreciate any advice you guys would have before I get told that I'm being a Wally and loads of taps are like this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭greasepalm

to me it does look like it is taking to long for water to stop,when tap is shut off water flow should stop,but you might get a few drops of drip after that,send them the video as proof,with water charges in you dont want that flow of water after tap is off.

only time that happens on old taps is it needs the seal replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Get your plumber to remove the tap inserts and check for silght blockage in the shut off mechanism.

Then if still not working contact the suppliers, you look to be loosing 250mls after tap off, not right imo.

Advertisement