Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas markets and snow activities

Options
  • 29-09-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I am doing a bit of research for my Australian cousin, they are coming home for Christmas and want to spend a few days in Europe. They would love to go to a Christmas market and since their kids have never seen snow, they would love to be able to do snow activities like sledding. My first thought was Munich as I know it has a great market and is also close to the alps and not far from Salzburg. Is this a good suggestion? Their kids are quite young so they wouldn't want to go skiing, just sledding and playing in the snow, is there somewhere near Munich they could do that?

Or any other suggestions for pretty European City with markets and access to snow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

heidelberg is just north of stuttgart, bit of a drive south then for the skiing but the xmas market is fantastic. not the biggest but memorable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    heidelberg is just north of stuttgart, bit of a drive south then for the skiing but the xmas market is fantastic. not the biggest but memorable
    Thanks Lex, I get the impression that the snow is more important for them than the Christmas market, so a location somewhere close to snow would be their preference.

Any other suggestions? Doesn't have to be Germany!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

I'd actually love to find a place like this myself for a weekend away if anyone has any ideas would be great :)

Advertisement