Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posting Passport & Visa documents registered to UK

• 17-10-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I am going to leave a visa application into the Indian Embassy in Dublin (for a friend). The website says the documents can be returned by post if a registered self addressed envelope is provided with the application.

What is the best type of registered pre paid and addressed envelope to provide for Dublin to LONDON post?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

When you're dropping them in, explain they need to be posted to London and pay them the extra postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kim_possible

Thanks, do you think this will work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

are you sure you know whats going on?

you are dropping a passport to Dublin to be forwarded to London - which presumably will be done by the embassy using their internal post system (i.e. box of stuff sent via courier or diplomat to London)
    is it that
    a ) you need to give a prepay envelope for sending from London to Ireland (so a royal mail product)
    b ) the documents will work their way back to Dublin on the internal diplomatic post and you need a prepay envelope to save you a spin to the Indian embassy in Dublin to collect everything (so from an post)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kim_possible

I think you have read my post wrongly.
    I am leaving an Irish passport and visa application to the Indian embassy in Dublin to be processed in DUBLIN.
    (for my friend who lives in London but has an Irish passport)

When the process is complete instead of me collecting it and posting it to her in London personally. It says on the website they will post completed application out if an registered SAE is provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

aha, get you now.

sure isnt registered post just registered?
    If you want to go with dhl or another courrier service then you are not using the normal post offices and could be causing hassle for the embassy, but if you just stick to plain an post international registered packet post you should be grand as no doubt they would have a collection/ delivery from an post every day.

Heres the rates for international registered post.
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/Registered+Post+International.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

When you go to the post-office, ask for an international (or to-UK at least) registered envelope for documents. They'll give you a little plastic envelope/pouch with all the registered barcodes and tags on it. You just fill in your friend's London address on it, keep one of the barcode stickers for yourself for tracking purposes, and put the envelope in with the application that you're sending off.
    There's only one type of registered envelope that an post can give you, I'm pretty sure.

Advertisement