Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AER LINGUS baggage charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dont know when it was, but its been a good while. Several years maybe.

20kg limit though. More than the main competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭PennyWise11

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Dont know when it was, but its been a good while. Several years maybe.

20kg limit though. More than the main competitor.

Just checked my records from last July booking and don't see any additional baggage charge....1 x 20kg bag seems to have been included in the price for each person.

Tried booking flights yesterday and was directed to section regarding checked-in baggage that I have never seen before ( booked 2 return flights this year....easter and summer....and don't think I was charged on either occasion for luggage):o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Were your July flights transatlantic? They don't apply baggage charges on those services.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Travel forum

Baggage is included for transatlantic, and it can also be included depending on the type of ticket you book.

However, if you're booking bog standard cheap tickets, then luggage is extra. Has been for years

dudara

Were your July flights transatlantic? They don't apply baggage charges on those services.

Cork to Lanzarote flights, P. Breathnach.
    Never been charged before.
    Been flying there for last 6 or 7 years from Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just checked my records from last July booking and don't see any additional baggage charge....1 x 20kg bag seems to have been included in the price for each person.

You definitely paid €20 per bag even if you didn't realise it at the time. They were charging €15 up to the end of May or June, then it went up to €20.

If it wasn't a transatlantic flight, you may have paid for the 'Plus' upgrade which in July would have cost €25 per leg, it includes one bag per person and the ability to reserve a seat before the 30 hour window opens when reserving a seat is free.

coylemj wrote: »
    You definitely paid €20 per bag even if you didn't realise it at the time. They were charging €15 up to the end of May or June, then it went up to €20.

If it wasn't a transatlantic flight, you may have paid for the 'Plus' upgrade which in July would have cost €25 per leg, it includes one bag per person and the ability to reserve a seat before the 30 hour window opens when reserving a seat is free.

My bookings show 1 x 20 kg bag included in price....4th july 2013!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

My bookings show 1 x 20 kg bag included in price....4th july 2013!

In the confirmation email you received, what was the fare basis indicated opposite the word 'Status'?

1) W, Z or A class

Or

2) D, Y, B, L, H, K, M, V, N, X, S, R.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Aer lingus introduced charges a fair while ago and according to RTE in 2006.,.......
    The charges will come into effect on short-haul routes for bookings made after 8 August for travel after 17 January 2007.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0801/78926-aerlingus/

Yamanoto wrote: »
    In the confirmation email you received, what was the fare basis indicated opposite the word 'Status'?

1) W, Z or A class

Or

2) D, Y, B, L, H, K, M, V, N, X, S, R.
    Just checked...A/Economy class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Seems pretty curious so Pennywise, as an A fare basis wouldn't (normally) be inclusive of baggage fees.

Advertisement