Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Knots gone in T&G floor

• 15-08-2013 11:03pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭

The young lad has found the holes in the bedroom floor and has made a few miraculous medals disappear down some. He's eyeing up my car keys.

Would anyone know how i can fill them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

What's the finish on the floor? If varnish/ 2 pack type finish then your best bet would be to fill the knot holes with a plug made from a similar timber. Shape a piece of timber by paring, leaving a little oversize and apply some PVA adhesive to the hole before hammering the plug home. When dry cut the plug flush and pare/ sand back. Touch up with a finish to match the surrounding floor. If your floors are painted in a colour then I've found that car body filler does a great job, especially something like a flexible filler from Davids. Dries quick, it's tough and won't fall out. Sand down and finish.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Two floors have a clear varnish, the other a whitewash look. I'll dig out a piece of wood tomorrow and start paring. Thanks jack.

Advertisement