Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY course.

Options
  • 12-08-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a diy course in the dulin area. I really need to learn the basics.

Mick.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a diy course in the dulin area. I really need to learn the basics.

Mick.

A good DIY guide book and YouTube.;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I agree with Paddy DIY is such a fast subject that I don't think it can be thought in a course, best thing to do is just have a go at whatever needs to be done at the time and if you have a problem just look it up someone somewhere in the world will have the answer and if you don't find anything ask here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Readers Digest DIY Manual

or

Collins Complete DIY Manual

Both huge, hardback books full with basics and more advanced DIY. Plenty of pictures and an absolute ton of reading. Get one of these and you won't go far wrong Mick.
    And as the lads say the internet is great. If you've got a question you can be sure it has been asked and answered in the past.

Am unaware of any courses, so can't help you there unfortunately.

Pj! wrote: »
    Readers Digest DIY Manual

or

Collins Complete DIY Manual

Both huge, hardback books full with basics and more advanced DIY. Plenty of pictures and an absolute ton of reading. Get one of these and you won't go far wrong Mick.
    And as the lads say the internet is great. If you've got a question you can be sure it has been asked and answered in the past.

Forget Amazon.......

8 euro in the book store in Charlestown Shoppong Centre.;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

B & Q do courses in store quite cheep....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

paddy147 wrote: »
    Forget Amazon.......

8 euro in the book store in Charlestown Shoppong Centre.;):)

I didn't realise the OP lived near Charlestown Paddy.

Pj! wrote: »
    I didn't realise the OP lived near Charlestown Paddy.

Charlestown is in Dublin.....and the OP does say "Dublin"...;)

Lots of bookshops selling that DIY book for under a tenner nowadays.

It can be had in Blanchardstown aswell for 8 euro.

B & Q do courses in store quite cheep....

They are ok...

How to fit rad brackets and a rad to a wall.

How to change a sink/bath tap.

How to add an extra socket.

Liffey Valley is the place to go for it,1 hour long evening workshops and also on a Saturday mornings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. The B and Q courses actually cover a few things i'm interested in so i will give some of them a go.

Mick.

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendations everyone. The B and Q courses actually cover a few things i'm interested in so i will give some of them a go.

Mick.

Best of luck.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement