Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I'd be quite happy drawing Barca - love to watch us play them

I suppose if we didnt draw them we could reach the semi's or maybe even the final

My prediction is that we will get.........Bayern!

One of the greatest nights I have ever been to at The Bridge was against Barca ... I remember after one goal I ended up 3 rows in front of where I started , and I couldn;t talk for about 3 days afterwards .......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

gavredking wrote: »
    Agreed, but its in our hands, in those 4 games I highlighted, if we we're to take 10 points, which we can easily manage then I'd say 4th is ours, main thing is that we beat Spurs and Arsneal, once we take points from them we'll be in with a great shout.

Big difference between Cup winners cup and the UCL though. :pac:

The last time it happened the FA wanted to send Everton instead of Liverpool but UEFA stepped in and Everton got a 3rd round qualifer which they lost, I can imagine the same would happen for Spurs.

There must be a case for the English FA to lose there allocation of 4 places soon.

I may be wrong but at the time I think there were no such rules in place to govern a winner of the champions league not actually qualifying for the next seasons champions league. UEFA then agreed that if you won the pot you had a right to defend it so if the Toffees had won their qualifier there would have been 5 English clubs in the champions league that season. They also changed the rules so in future if the winners of the champions league did not qualify through their national league for the following season the last placed qualifier from that country would lose their place in favour of the champions of Europe.

At least I think that is how it stands now.

Benfica !!

Away to Benfica in first leg chances there at least

Barca or Milan in the semi hmmm interesting

• Advertisement

Damn AC Milian or Barca in the Semi if we go though !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ramires and Luiz playing their old team.

Should be a cracker.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnVKgzVwDPkMtj8811rOD3jcfG0_WuU3lblzYy_lPtRmmB-EHGLQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEphXNk_Y0xi4D2icItemlbnh8yEqiwsqp1N1m0Zrj0uiCpM5D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Not the worst draw, we should be able to get past them and i for one would love to see us play Barcalona.....pity it wont be in the finals though :(

Will get to see matic too if he plays. Have to say i never really rated him myself. Axel Witsel will be another one to watch as we have been linked with a move for him in the past.

For the next few weeks AC Milan will be my favourite non English team

• Advertisement

Witsel is very good, he would add a lot to our midifeld but he only joined Benfica this year.

They wont be push overs but I expect us to go through, dont be surprised if AC Milan beat Barca over 2 legs either. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

Happy with that. Anything is a bonus from now on.

And if we go through you might as well get Barca before the final.

Think Real will win it this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

For the next few weeks AC Milan will be my favourite non English team

I really want to go up against Barca - who wouldnt as a player? ;)

Its the ulltimate test, we'd probably get torn apart but hey!

Just put Luiz on Messi!

I really want to go up against Barca - who wouldnt as a player? ;)

Its the ulltimate test, we'd probably get torn apart but hey!

Just put Luiz on Messi!

If Barca play their 3-4-3 malarky against us I think we'll score a couple of goals against them.

On the other end of the scale they can always score in any game, everyone knows Barca's game at this stage its stopping it is the problem and in the '09 game we had the better of them over 2 legs but got robbed.

I'm actually more bitter for losing that game then I am for losing the UCL on peno's.

Whats the thought on the Leicester game?

I'm going say 3 - 0 Chelsea.

Cech

Bos Ivan Cahill Bertrand

Romeu Meireles Mikel

Kalou Torres Malouda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Il go Chelsea to win 3 - 0 too.

Cech
    Bosingwa-Ivan -Cahil-Bertrand
    Mikel

Ramires---Meireles
    Sturridge----Torres
    Kalou

Id like to see Chalobah, Oriel, Piazon or Lukaku get a run out also but i think Bertrand can start this one and maybe Oriel.

Torres to start and hopefully get on the score sheet.
    Oriel or Piazon can come off in the 2nd half and let Rami get a rest (not like he needs it though).

what a day wrote: »
    Il go Chelsea to win 3 - 0 too.

Cech
    Bosingwa-Ivan -Cahil-Bertrand
    Mikel

Ramires---Meireles
    Sturridge----Torres
    Kalou

Id like to see Chalobah, Oriel, Piazon or Lukaku get a run out also but i think Bertrand can start this one and maybe Oriel.

Torres to start and hopefully get on the score sheet.
    Oriel or Piazon can come off in the 2nd half and let Rami get a rest (not like he needs it though).

Yes to your team - rotate and save the "big guns" for City ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

We should play a weakened side against Leicester as we should be able to beat them comfortably enough, we need to be looking ahead to the City game.

We need our big players playing well for that game, It'll be tough to away to City, i would be happy with a draw at City and then go on to beat Spurs. If we can do that i think we will be right in it and with the old guard back on side i think we have a real chance of getting fourth.

We are up against it though, we have by far the tougher run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

Highlights of the Youth Cup Semi Final against Man Utd here

• Advertisement

Funny how a couple of wins keeps the media quiet!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That's a perfect way to lift the post paddy day blues!! Anybody know what channel the match is on today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

thebison wrote: »
    It was a great match, with the kind of feelgood effect that could take the team some distance for the rest of the season. And I hope we go all the way!! I'm not going to laugh off our UCL chances either! Bearing the England situation in mind, Terry will be able to give his all for a Champs League medal.

But even as this clip juxtaposes AVB and RDM, lets not kid ourselves that Roberto is going to solve the problem. Root and branch reform will still be needed over the summer. And TBH, it would have been more likely delivered by AVB than RDM.

For the impending overhaul, we're going to need a real heavyweight with a real carte blanche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That's a perfect way to lift the post paddy day blues!! Anybody know what channel the match is on today

ESPN. Hopefully good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

ALERT: TORRES SCORES GOAL!!

EDIT: GOALS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Jagera wrote: »
    ALERT: TORRES SCORES GOAL!!

...and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The scare at the end of the last game by RDM sparked him to life

This discussion has been closed.