Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much does the icy weather delay the DUB-GAL bus

• 17-12-2010 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am due to take the non-stop bus from Dublin to Galway tomorrow evening, could anyone give me an estimate of how much longer it will take with the icy and snowy weather. Website says 2 and quarter hours just wondering how much extra with the snow and ice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Dunno if you mean Citylink?
    Gobus has the time at 2.30, not 2.15.
    it is rarely ever much shorter than 220. I'd add a half an hour anyway, but it really depends on the driver.
    We had one brilliant guy during last snow, who sped up a bit on the good road, and then was ahead when we hit bad show. Only 10 mins late in. On the way back however, the driver wasn't as experienced, and we came in 50 mins late (bad snow still on half route tho).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well yesterday evening coming back from Dublin on GoBus, we left at about 5.20 and we met some snow on the way into Galway. Arrived in Galway at about 8.05...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,082 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I did DUB-GAL on GoBus on Sunday evening of the last big snow (3/4 weeks ago). 7:15pm bus got in about 10:30pm, timetable said 9:45pm.

Fair juice to the driver too, there was freezing fog just about the whole way, must be horrible to drive in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭996tt

inisboffin wrote: »
    Dunno if you mean Citylink?
    Gobus has the time at 2.30, not 2.15.
    it is rarely ever much shorter than 220. I'd add a half an hour anyway, but it really depends on the driver.
    We had one brilliant guy during last snow, who sped up a bit on the good road, and then was ahead when we hit bad show. Only 10 mins late in. On the way back however, the driver wasn't as experienced, and we came in 50 mins late (bad snow still on half route tho).

that doesnt make sense, the buses drive flat out(on the limiter of 100kph) so its not possible to be ahead of schedule due to driving faster because its not possible to drive faster

Advertisement