Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Meetup March 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm absolutely soaked to the bone. There better be peeps there. :)

I'm HERE!
    I've BEER!
    I can't find my fellow queers!

I'm HERE!
    I've BEER!
    I can't find my fellow queers!

Seriously though...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭RagsOBrien

Hey is there many i Sweetmans? I will be in that neck of the woods in about 20 mins or so!!

RagsOBrien wrote: »
    Hey is there many i Sweetmans? I will be in that neck of the woods in about 20 mins or so!!

There could be. But i cant find them. But I'm here so...
    Buzz up and we'll hunt them out. :)

I think that's that. No idea what happened. Pretty disappointed.

Only so much wandering and searching and pming one guy can do.

I'm off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

had to go to a funeral, couldn't make it
    sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Haven't checked in in a few weeks. Did bump into Ash in the George lastnight, I'll have to keep a better track on the thread next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

In my view the main reason these last few have been a bust is people commenting that they'll be there and then adding the "But maybe not". Instills a bit of doubt that ultimately puts a lot more people from going. I know things crop up and can blind sight ye. A simple yes and making a good effort to be there wouldn't go unnoticed. I know that might seem a bit ironic given I backed out too but that was off the reaction 3 people canceled so close. Some of us travel a good bit, book places to stay etc. and don't really want to be ferrying the Titanic into the lonely corner of a pub when it's after a hard week at work ^^

Equally there could be no need for them? Doesn't seem to be much demand for them as of late. They did help me originally and if someone feels that they're missing out on this PM me and always welcome to come along with my mates for pints when it suits.

And good God the George was packed that night -_-'

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I did genuinely intend on going but couldnt in the end.

I think there is a huge need for them but people are nervous about them.

Bonnie - I'm really sorry this was such a mess.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Hey guys,

Long time 'boardsie' but haven't really followed the LGBT forum. I love this idea of meetups. Sorry to hear your recent one was such a bust, but would love to be included on a future one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I was genuinely planning on going then life went tits up - and has continued in that vein since :/

hdowney wrote: »
    I was genuinely planning on going then life went tits up - and has continued in that vein since :/

That's terrible to hear. Hope you're doing better.

---

Lads, to be honest. All is grand about it. In the end I went to a birthday party I had been going to after the meetup so it was no biggie. Just a pain wandering around like a fool for an hour was not cool.

There's definitely a need for them to be honest as it does help in the "outing" of oneself to be with a group of fellow LGBT's.

Hopefully there's another during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I've been too nervous to attend these in the past but if there is another meet up I will go if I can.

Been trying to bury my sexuality for years but I'm coming around to accepting it and plan on coming out soon.

I'm nearly 30 so its about time I started meeting other men.

Well I'm after getting a few lovely messages about interest in the meetups and to be honest would be a shame to see them go as they are a right laugh and a help. Would be healthy for like minded individuals to meet for a chatter.

So maybe call me stupid but should we try for a May one then before the ref? All I ask is if you're willing to suggest ideas and dates please for the love of Panti stick to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I don't know duberland very well, and I certainly don't know the gay scene up there so I'd be beyond hopeless (like a straight man in a sea of lesbians!) with suggesting, but I will do my darndest to be in attendance when a date and venue is decided upon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Saturday 16th May?
    There's a March for Marriage on Sunday so ppl could go to that too if they're staying up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭yer man!

I'll def go to one in May if there's one on, I'm in the states until the 30th April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

I'd love to get to a meet up in May. I am officially moving back to Dublin from France at the start of May. Let's make this happen :)

:O hope you have plenty of scandal for us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Ash885 wrote: »
    :O hope you have plenty of scandal for us :D

Well it's been an 'interesting' year abroad to say the least. We'll see :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Count me in. :)

Daith wrote: »
    Saturday 16th May?
    There's a March for Marriage on Sunday so ppl could go to that too if they're staying up?

That sounds like a smashing idea btw! So should we start a new thread...don't want to be spamming the place but this seems like as good a date as any and a new thread might clear out all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yep

Start a new thread

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet