Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers in Arms: Watch a franchise get raped into the ground

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wow, what the fcuk, I'm stuck for words

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Wow, what the fcuk, I'm stuck for words

I think the word youre looking for is 'franchiserape'

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

It's a game that is born out too many of the leads brainstorming where to take a World War II game while watching a film, Inglourious Basterds, that was designed to kill the sentimental 'Saving Private Ryan' World War II genre.

Dave Bateson, voice of Agent 47, voicing Crockett?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Dear god, what did i just watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Christ above. It's like those shítty sequels that get released on the PS2 when the series moves to the next-gen, that have little-to-no similarity to before...but that looks completely rubbish. The developers are actually serious.

So you've to order the men to tomohawk opposing enemies around Europe? Crap all over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I can't believe what i just saw. Given that the guys that make the BIA games always went for realism with the storyline and the tactical gameplay this is just a shocking change in direction for the series.

Seems like a spit in the face for fans of the series. I hope this game flops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Soooooooooo.....they just got the cast of Team Fortress 2 to act out "Inglorious Basterds"......

Was this meant to be Gearbox's entry into the Saxxy awards, 'cause it came too late for nomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Well that has finally killed off any respect I had for Gearbox. Shame because I liked BIA and their half life games.

And do you know what the worst thing is? This POS will probably sell like hotcakes. God I remember screaming at my TV in Hells Highway because I couldn't scream at my men in game. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, that's one way to kill a franchise.

It's the Batman & Robin of the series, completely out of nowhere and throws all the other mechanics of the previous ones out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Did they have to tag the Brothers in Arms title on it? The only thing this...thing has in common with BiA is that its set during WW2. Mind boggling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

What the I don't even..

Wow, been playing since road to hill 30 and had almost formed a bond with some of the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Well, that's one way to kill a franchise.

It's the Batman & Robin of the series, completely out of nowhere and throws all the other mechanics of the previous ones out the window.

gotham-city-imposters-concept-art.jpg
    Batman Gotham City Impostors

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Holy Testicle Tuesday!

Someone is so going to get fired for this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

cool, a ww2 game in the tarantino universe.

wait.... none of that sounds good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If this didnt have the Brothers in Arms name, i'd probably be interested in it. As it is, i can't help but wonder what the hell they were thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Battlefield: Bad Company got a similar welcome when it was announced. They still went on to make Battlefield 3, and the Bad Company games weren't terrible. So that's how I'm going to hope this pans out. This game might be a good laugh, and they might go on to make an actual BIA game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lol.....

Cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I bet it sells loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I can't see the video due to a firewall here. Anybody care to describe the horror? I like BIA but you guys are scaring me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

If this is a B.I.A detour then fine, game looks like a good laugh. If this is the new direction, sad times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

DarkJager wrote: »
    I can't see the video due to a firewall here. Anybody care to describe the horror? I like BIA but you guys are scaring me :D

BiA has been turned into team fortress 2 crossed with borderlands essentially. The guys from TF2 massacre a bunch of unarmed german soldiers in a pub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Am I the only one looking forward to this? I like the style, the humour and so on, and Gearbox are very good developers so I don't mind seeing them try something.

I agree the BIA name is unnecessary and they should have gone the Insomniac's route of creating a new IP [Overstrike].

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

BiA has been turned into team fortress 2 crossed with borderlands essentially. The guys from TF2 massacre a bunch of unarmed german soldiers in a pub

Let's not forget the Inglorious Bastards overtones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Otacon wrote:
    Am I the only one looking forward to this? I like the style, the humour and so on, and Gearbox are very good developers so I don't mind seeing them try something.

I agree the BIA name is unnecessary and they should have gone the Insomniac's route of creating a new IP [Overstrike].
    It's hard to say without seeing footage, but It could be really good. There's too many serious WW2 games, so it's good to see something different.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I found the last brothers in arms game to be pretty dull. Maybe the change in direction might sway me.

To be honest, too many WW2 games have the same style and storylines, so it's good to see somebody finally doing something different. Regardless of the name/franchise, this looks like it could be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They said in the conference its nothing to do with the previous BIA games and they will be returning to them at a later date. This is just something different they wanted to try for a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am I the only person that wold rather play that than another WW2 clone snorefest that got old back around Call of Duty 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

krudler wrote: »
    Am I the only person that wold rather play that than another WW2 clone snorefest that got old back around Call of Duty 2?

I thought it looked fun and am interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I thought it looked fun and am interested.

But we wont get to play similar missions to those in Medal of Honor (all 15 of them) and Call of Duty 1-3 with a brief stopover in World at War.

new is good, embrace it, its got a tomohawk flinging Indian butchering Nazis, sold! who cares if its heavily influenced by Inglorious Bastards? most games are massively influenced by movies anyway

Advertisement