Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with xps laptop

• 07-09-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hi I have an xps laptop and there is a problem with the dvd drive.I put in a dvd about 4 months ago.I didn't know how to eject it but that was ok as I didn't need to.Now I would like to but there is no response after clicking the eject command.As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

might be of help if its a slot drive like on the one i have.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2285

i haven't tried this but on a normal dvd drive there is a hole where you can release the door.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ìn Windows Explorer, right click on the drive and select eject.

If it doesnt work, go to the Device Manager on the machine and see if there are any errors with the device, if there are just follow the repair instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

yeah there should be a hole in the door. Get a paper clip or something similar and push it in the whole and it should open the tray.

Advertisement