Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pride 2015

Options
  • 28-03-2015 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Some Dublin Pride Parade details from tonights Marriage Equality Fundraiser in the Woodquay Amphitheatre (a superb venue from previous years Pride Parade finishes but too small now for the event though well suited to other public events):

Save the Date folks, it's not on Sunday the 28th (it was great last year when it rhymed as Saturday was the 28th but hey-ho!); it is however on Saturday the 27th of June and it will as last year conclude on Merrion Square.

This year in a change from previous years there won't be just one Grand Marshall.

Instead Dublin Pride Parade will be lead off by 3 Grand Marshalls reflecting those groups involvement in the progress of & struggle for LGBT Rights in Ireland heretofore and I think it's a fantastic idea.

The Grand Marshalls are:

Grainne Healy Chairwoman of Marriage Equality

Brian Sheehan of GLEN/Gay & Lesbian Equality Network

Mark Kelly, Director of the Irish Council for Civil Liberties

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Some Dublin Pride Parade details from tonights Marriage Equality Fundraiser in the Woodquay Amphitheatre (a superb venue from previous years Pride Parade finishes but too small now for the event though well suited to other public events):

Save the Date folks, it's not on Sunday the 28th (it was great last year when it rhymed as Saturday was the 28th but hey-ho!); it is however on Saturday the 27th of June and it will as last year conclude on Merrion Square.

This year in a change from previous years there won't be just one Grand Marshall.

Instead Dublin Pride Parade will be lead off by 3 Grand Marshalls reflecting those groups involvement in the progress of & struggle for LGBT Rights in Ireland heretofore and I think it's a fantastic idea.

The Grand Marshalls are:

Grainne Healy Chairwoman of Marriage Equality

Brian Sheehan of GLEN/Gay & Lesbian Equality Network

Mark Kelly, Director of the Irish Council for Civil Liberties

Is it true that the delightful Billy Crystal will be in attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nozipcode

Is it true that the delightful Billy Crystal will be in attendance?

Billy Crystal Meth, maybe. I'm sure there's a drag queen going by that name by now.

Advertisement