Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends Drivers License for Night Club

Options
  • 02-01-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm planning on using my friend (who looks vaguely similar to me) 's Full Drivers License to get into a Night Club in Cork City, Can a bouncer confiscate a real drivers license? I assume they can but is it likely they will?

I have no problem being told I can't go in I just want to make sure they don't take my friends License.

Have you ever heard of this happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Few cans + field, sorted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Il buy you a nagen for a fiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

A bouncer can't confiscate anything off you, nor will they want to, they'll just tell you to clear off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

If you're claiming it's yours and they notice it isn't you'd be hard pressed to make a case for getting it back! I'd imagine it depends largely on the mood/character of the bouncer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Would u not just wear a low cut top show bit of flesh
    Bouncer wont need to see proof of age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

It probably won't be confiscated, just don't be completely ossified when you walk up to the door. Be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Why would a bouncer be entitled to take your driving licence? :confused: that doesn't make any sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Why would a bouncer be entitled to take your driving licence? :confused: that doesn't make any sense!
    But it's not his.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

If they see it to be fake they should get the manager to have a look at it. If they give it back and don't let them in they are basically giving you a fake ID, The club could end up getting sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Returning stolen goods?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Yeah I heard they take them, burn them and throw you to the sharks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

humbert wrote: »
    But it's not his.

I know that.
    If they see it to be fake they should get the manager to have a look at it. If they give it back and don't let them in they are basically giving you a fake ID, The club could end up getting sued.

Sued for what?
    Returning stolen goods?

But it's not their place to determine for legal purposes if the good(s) are his. It's only to determine if he can enter the premises. They have no legal standing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

They can't take it. They're not the law.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

They can add two penalty points to it if you use it that way. And another two if you're wearing runners. They can disqualify you from driving for two years if you're with an ugly bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

When are the schools open again after the Christmas hols?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

When are the schools open again after the Christmas hols?

I think the Judge made it perfectly clear to you GH that the Two Mile Restraining Order wasn't just for one school term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Best bet is to trim your pubes and glue them to your face OP. Bouncers love a man with a beard

You should call the local Garda station, they should he able to answer your query effectively.

You're welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement