Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft exchange server is unavailable!

• 04-09-2009 8:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I have come across an issue with some laptops in my company. I open Outlook 2003 and I get the following error

Microsoft exchange server is unavailable

Retry - Work Offline - Cancel

I am on the network, I can access the internet, I can ping the exchange server on this machine, other people can access the Exchange server while this person is getting the error.

If I click retry nothing happens. If I remove the Outlook Profile, restart the laptop and add the exchange server and mailbox back in it works!!!!! :confused:

Does anyone know a fix for this???

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

cheerspal wrote: »
    If I remove the Outlook Profile, restart the laptop and add the exchange server and mailbox back in it works!!!!! :confused:
    Either just doing the above, or recreating the .ost are quite often the only things I've found to work unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 taldar

I have seen this with PC`s that are in a workgroup and not on a domian, i dont know what setup you have but worth checking that and DNS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,158 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Could it be anything to do with the Outlook client being nearly ten years past it's end of extended support date?

Are the other people also using Outlook 2003? If yes, then ignore me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭Xterminator

outlook 2003 is a red flag straight away. end of life etc.

could be something installed on the machine that is causing profile to corrupt. could be outlook itself. lets say for the moment the exchange server is okay - as you post would suggest.

in a case like this is would suggest you reinstall outlook. see if that resolves problem. in the past i created a shortcut on users desktop that opened outlook in safe mode. outlook.exe /safe. this dosnt load addins so can rule those out if you operate in safe mode.

finally user could use outlook web access as a workaround.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Glaceon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭Xterminator

lol never even looked. cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Feck! I do usually look and I thought the new account sharing dodgy link was ... dodgy ... but yeah ... Zombie thread!!! 😢

Advertisement