Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advent pc - wont start up

• 03-09-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hey.
    Iv an advent t9509.
    In the last week or two when i leave it on upstairs for a few hours, when i go back to it, its unresponsive, no display.
    I hav to hold the power key r unplug it nd turn it back on and then it works grand again.

Now when i turn the computer on there is no output to the monitor and no start up beep.

Iv turned it on and off, unplugged everythin unnesesary, opened it up and blew out any dust and plugged the cables that i could get at in and out to b sure.
    There doesnt seem to be any damage in it. Iv no idea how big a mark itd leave if something burnt out!

Any ideas what to do now?

Know any where i could get it fixed or looked at for dirt cheap?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Not too familiar with advent. this a desktop or notebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭EyeDeeOne

Oh sry
    Its a desktop pc.
    Advent 9509 or summat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

are there any signs of life at all? Any lights, fans, noises etc?

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    are there any signs of life at all? Any lights, fans, noises etc?

Yeh the psu starts. Ya can hear the fans. The hdd has power but it jus makes noise for a sec. Doesnt makes the normal readn noise.

Any ideas?

Or know any other site i could ask on thatd know?

Il head down to pc world tomorrow,i wana see hw much itd be for them to fix it!
    Wud they charge me 100e to tell me i need to spend more on new parts? Thatd sicken me

• Advertisement
Advertisement