Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left at the altar

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

ROFLcopter wrote: »
    An old school friend got married 5 years ago, and after the dinner the band came on. One of my mates told me the bride was upstairs screwing another one of our mates while the groom was entertaining his family......turned out to be true, murder at the wedding, myself and my wife left and went home.
    What a classy lady, is the bitch still with the d!ckhead?
    kelle wrote: »
    I've heard of weddings being called off about 2 days before the event, but never anybody left at the altar - must be horrific!

One of those weddings called off was a relation of ours - she accidentally let off wind in front of him and he was repulsed. We reckoned it was the luckiest f*rt she ever let!
    Oh sure god love him, i suppose he never does it :)
    ROFLcopter wrote: »
    They had a 2 year old as well, the look of hate and disgust on the brides mothers face was unbelievable. The mate she was screwing had been screwing her for about a year. I haven't seen him since then and I don't ever plan to, the prick.
    hahaha..... oh I can only imagine how proud she was of her daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

There is a wedding that took place about 2 years ago locally (Limerick)......the likes of which you wouldn't hear of on a soap for it being too far fetched. I might post more details when I have more time, but I'm genuinely serious......you could not script the stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Oh, Fizman, you tease!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Tigger wrote: »
    karma?

you mean justice i assume

Western interpretation

Cheers for that. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Be||e

I know of a guy who called off not one, but two weddings a few days before the dates. A friend of mine was due to go to the second wedding - he'd told us the story of the first one. Couldn't believe that he did it again. Once, I can understand, but how do you allow yourself to get into that situation a second time?

Can't imagine that he will ever get married, or that any woman would be stupid enough to agree to marry him now, with his track record.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭dougieruggie

I've been at a wedding where the family of the groom announced during the after celebration that they were getting their son to annul the marriage.

Basically it was a German guy marrying an Irish girl. Their families had met briefly before and this was their first real get together.

Well basically all the Irish at the wedding got disgracefully drunk. I mean one girl crouched down in the corner of the dance hall and took a piss because the ques to the ladies were too long. Two girls took off their pants under their dress and started swinging them around their heads and went up to tables of Germans and waved the pants in their face.Another girl was vomiting all over a table she was sitting at and finally and there were various drunken lads making Nazi jokes and getting aggressive and talking about the 'fightin Irish'. The toilets in the lads jacks were completely blocked and someone drew a swatiska with **** in a cubicle. The dad of the groom finally went up to the DJ, turned off the music and said the wedding was off. He said he'd never been so disgusted in his life.

To be honest, I was pished myself and was completely horrified so I can only imagine what it was like for the Germans who had a few drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I've been at a wedding where the family of the groom announced during the after celebration that they were getting their son to annul the marriage.

Basically it was a German guy marrying an Irish girl. Their families had met briefly before and this was their first real get together.

Well basically all the Irish at the wedding got disgracefully drunk. I mean one girl crouched down in the corner of the dance hall and took a piss because the ques to the ladies were too long. Two girls took off their pants under their dress and started swinging them around their heads and went up to tables of Germans and waved the pants in their face.Another girl was vomiting all over a table she was sitting at and finally and there were various drunken lads making Nazi jokes and getting aggressive and talking about the 'fightin Irish'. The toilets in the lads jacks were completely blocked and someone drew a swatiska with **** in a cubicle. The dad of the groom finally went up to the DJ, turned off the music and said the wedding was off. He said he'd never been so disgusted in his life.

To be honest, I was pished myself and was completely horrified so I can only imagine what it was like for the Germans who had a few drinks.

You cannot be serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Bloody hell, were these friends of yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Be||e

An open bar, was it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Never in my life....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Bloody Germans....no sense of decorum.Cannot believe he interrupted the wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I know someone who on the day of his wedding did not want to go through with it and knew it was a mistake, he talked round by the best man and his brother.

He was right it was a mistake, a turbulent relationship of sucking the life out of each other and hoping for better. They have 2 kids stayed under one roof for them, they are separated now, both in other relationships.

But he always regrets getting married, to be honest he is a cnut by nature, and so was she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I don't care if you're making this up or not, this is one of the funniest things I've read on boards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

44leto wrote: »
    I know someone who on the day of his wedding did not want to go through with it and knew it was a mistake, he talked round by the best man and his brother.

He was right it was a mistake, a turbulent relationship of sucking the life out of each other and hoping for better. They have 2 kids stayed under one roof for them, they are separated now, both in other relationships.

But he always regrets getting married, to be honest he is a cnut by nature, and so was she.

I always enjoy your posts,always to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Back in the day, my sisters friend was due to get married to a guy that had kidney problems. He was on the waiting list for a donated kidney. On the morning of the wedding, he got his call to tell him a suitable kidney had become available. It was all hands on deck that morning contacting hotel, church, guests, wedding cars and so on.
    Operation went great and gave the man a new lease of life. They got married later on that year.
    It's a great story when you look back on it, but pretty difficult at the time.

Advertisement