Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dewalt or makita??

Options
  • 10-12-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

:confused:i am buying a new drill/impact driver combo set and was wondering what to go for dcx4241 or makita lxt202 they are the new li-ion ones and the makits is about 60 dearer. has anyone got one and what do they think of them or which make is better:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ronaldo84

i prefer makita tools. dewalt do some good tools like chop saws never was a fan of the cordless stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I just ordered a panasonic drill & impact driver set. They cost €455 and they are the best drills i have ever used. They are unreal light, have unreal power,are lithium ion&hav a clip on them so you can hook them onto your tool belt or work trousers. They are 14.4v but they are far more powerful than my18v dewalt drill

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

makita. but dewalt do a perfectly good job for the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Milwaukee do a new 18v li ion combo kit. have the makita and only had trouble, milwaukee kit in t for tools in lurgan i think is 280 pounds. they will make bits of the others

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

I have the makita set youre talking about and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. The drill/driver has been dropped from scaffolds I don't know how many times and still works fine. The impact driver is a nice light little thing but the noise out of it is something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

yeah i have used the dewalt and makita impact driver and the makita one is alot noiser i think.only used the makita for a day but use the dewalt at work for years and it never give bother. can get the dewalt for 420 is this good value

It's certainly a fair price for ireland. DeWalt are decent tools. They last a few years and do the work you need them to do. Personally I think Makita are that bit better but thats my own preference, everything I have is Makita. I know plenty people who think the same of DeWalt.
    If its a money issue and you're not too bothered about the branding and long term durability then go and get the DeWalt set. It's not as if they make poor quailty diy tools.

what i like about the dewalt is that the li-ion batteries are interchangeable so i could use my ordinary batteries and there is a dewalt dealer close by. my radio which is dewalt but was bought elsewhere was fixed by them for free cos it was in waranty no questions asked. the makit batteries are 3 amp li-ion batteries and the dewalt are only 2 i think so that is probaly why it is dearer

The ampage is the length of time the battery lasts so if you always have a battery on charge its not such a big deal. That said if you have a DeWalt radio and other batteries go for the DeWalt set. Youll get more out of it plus those batteries aren't cheap to replace. Its always good to have spares handy.

thanks Quiet you. will go for the DeWalt cos my batteries will work on it and save having other batteries and chargers.one less thing to forget:rolleyes: i will order it this week. treating my self to an early christmas present:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement