Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i find auctions for storage units in dublin (like storage wars)

Options
  • 10-07-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

how do i find auctions for storage units in dublin (like storage wars) anyone know if theres anywhere? :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

how do i find auctions for storage units in dublin (like storage wars) anyone know if theres anywhere? :)

I often wondered that myself...maybe give one of these places a ring and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AndyTierney

chopper6 wrote: »
    I often wondered that myself...maybe give one of these places a ring and ask them?

What place haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I've worked in a storage place, everything is inventoryed going into it, and if the owner abandoneds it, anything of value is removed to recover the costs and what ever is left the lads go through for themselves and the rest is skipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

not sure any of these will go cheap but. . . . .

Auctioneer Sean Eacrett said that the auction is even more exciting as it includes a ‘Storage Wars’ format which means bidders assess the worth of the items based on a very short inspection.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/high-end-contents-from-palmerstown-estate-to-go-under-hammer-30705628.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

evillive wrote: »
    not sure any of these will go cheap but. . . . .

Auctioneer Sean Eacrett said that the auction is even more exciting as it includes a ‘Storage Wars’ format which means bidders assess the worth of the items based on a very short inspection.

Can't blame the auctioneer for hyping it up but if you look at the official description of what the sale consists of, it's the 'interior residue contents' meaning the junk left behind by Mansfield and his idiot sons.

The good stuff is long gone and I doubt if there was even much of that, you might as well be bidding for a suitcase of dirty clothes in an airport auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rustymetal

If you have a keen eye you could try car boot sales and big auctions you never know what you will find but that is more American pickers than storage wars. Just a suggestion.

Advertisement